Ox speed skim ?

Stanbra

Looking at buying speed skim. Just wondering which one to buy as there seems to be a few different types of blades. Or do you need both types? And what size is best, 900 ?

Any advice is appreciated

How come? I'm sick of people banging on about them so I was Gona give them a bash

I just skimmed 4 bed plot in 4 days over the weekend ..was a taping site
After I skimmed plot theve switched site to skimming it's gonna cost approx £300 more a plot.

No speedskim at all.
I skimmed a huge building in barrow in Furness where the walls were 7 metres high and 15m long off scaffolds.. speedskims helped between 2 of us but there not daily jobs.

I gave mines to a renderer to borrow...he left it out in the sun in a heatwave lol...warped to fuuck never used one since x

After I skimmed plot theve switched site to skimming it's gonna cost approx £300 more a plot.

No speedskim at all.
I skimmed a huge building in barrow in Furness where the walls were 7 metres high and 15m long off scaffolds.. speedskims helped between 2 of us but there not daily jobs.

I gave mines to a renderer to borrow...he left it out in the sun in a heatwave lol...warped to fuuck never used one since x

There shite for 1 coat work imo!

I would get an eze spat mate if any and get a pole.I use my 600mm for ceilings mainly and 1000mm for jumbo walls.I use the 600 alot more and find it handy for first coat to flatten before topping.

They are mint for flattening off big ceilings that’s about it . Recommend the 1200 plastic blade

That’s my conclusion too. I use em of any ceiling over a bag. 600 plastic. Find the bigger ones don’t flatten evenly. Could do with a double clamp on them.

I have 1200 and 600.. 1200 gets used the most, near enough every job, best bit of kit I've ever bought for plastering, total game changer in my opinion.

Look after the blue plastic , don't leave in bright sun , they misshape

I am a huge fan of the blue blade speedskim.

Great for flattening but I have never been able to finish with them

No speedskim at all.

Your mad 7 metres. Ducking ell 15 long mad u love it we’re u on harness n rope ferried left to right

Looking at buying speed skim. Just wondering which one to buy as there seems to be a few different types of blades. Or do you need both types? And what size is best, 900 ?

Any advice is appreciated
Speedskim ST’s are good for flattening 1st coat but that’s about it in my opinion. Also blades are a nightmare to keep clean. If you want something for flattening and finishing go for an EZE or Superprof spat. EZE is a little bit better but Superprof is good value for money.

Speedskim ST’s are good for flattening 1st coat but that’s about it in my opinion. Also blades are a nightmare to keep clean. If you want something for flattening and finishing go for an EZE or Superprof spat. EZE is a little bit better but Superprof is good value for money.
Hi mate have u used the sf blade just wanted to know the comparison between eze/superprof n the speedy sf

No mate I nearly bought one but didn’t think I’d use it so didn’t bother in the end. I tend to finish with my MT carbon or NelaMax. The EZE and Superprof are both good for flattening aslong as you hit it a couple of times when its wet. They’re good for finishing too but just prefer using my MT most of the time

Oddly I dont think I have used any of the spats before...

I love the speedskim as mentioned previously :D