Overskim

Members online

carys

When I over skim I think it a better job to fix new beads. But sometimes Il chip the corner and feather in. But in this case I can't I can't be bothered to chip skim off becouse ther no angle beads on corners. Other side wall huge and it perfect but they have done a s**t job on reveal for some reason! I've never used stop end beads in this situation before don't think I've got much option???

Attachments

• IMG-20200522-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20200522-WA0004.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 228
When I over skim I think it a better job to fix new beads. But sometimes Il chip the corner and feather in. But in this case I can't I can't be bothered to chip skim off becouse ther no angle beads on corners. Other side wall huge and it perfect but they have done a s**t job on reveal for some reason! I've never used stop end beads in this situation before don't think I've got much option???
Sorry my question was lol.. Are stop beads going to look OK in this becouse iv got to be truthful I've gotten away doing it my old school way but in this case impossible!

Have you checked with a straight edge that a stop end will work

Have you checked with a straight edge that a stop end will work
No m8. If not I can chip the middle if needed will they look OK on corners dont think iv never needed to use them in this situation before.

No m8. If not I can chip the middle if needed will they look OK on corners dont think iv never needed to use them in this situation before.
If it won't take a stop bead you could just masking tape the wall , skim as is , then pull tape off and carefully slice off with trowel whilst set and still green

Not a fan of stop beads in that situation if the reveal can be exposed to the sun ( OTT lol )

If it won't take a stop bead you could just masking tape the wall , skim as is , then pull tape off and carefully slice off with trowel whilst set and still green
That what I usually do chip edges and feather in can't in this case! I'm just wondering do end beads look OK in this situation

I'm not clear on the problem lol

The wall probably isn't flat enough for a stop end to lay on the reveal , unless it's concaved in which case you can feather wall with filler

I'm not clear on the problem lol

The wall probably isn't flat enough for a stop end to lay on the reveal , unless it's concaved in which case you can feather wall with filler
M8 Il do it my old school way. Take me much longer at least then it going to be rhight. I'll re bead corners and feather the bead in both side on existing wall.

M8 Il do it my old school way. Take me much longer at least then it going to be rhight. I'll re bead corners and feather the bead in both side on existing wall.
One of those situations that call for a labourer to hold straight edges in place for you lol

One of those situations that call for a labourer to hold straight edges in place for you lol
Exactly I rember the plastrer in the area that time he used to batten corners and skim I thought I was stupid idea but his finish was good

Exactly I rember the plastrer in the area that time he used to batten corners and skim I thought I was stupid idea but his finish was good
I've never had a labourer but used to do it for me dad as a lad for putting up keen cement corners

Holding edge on skim?
Building corners for float and skim

I'm not a fan of setting render beads , he used to rule off and then scrape back a few mm for a foot for the skim
I prefer to float flat and then use skim beads

Building corners for float and skim

I'm not a fan of setting render beads , he used to rule off and then scrape back a few mm for a foot for the skim
I prefer to float flat and then use skim beads
Understand that we used to do that.... But this perrticular plaster did not used skim beads he used battens on corners and skim did not understand his method..