Overboarded an artex ceiling today

Members online

No members online now.

hollybank

Private Member
As per title it had beed previously dropped and overboarded then artexed what an absolute pig to overboard the previous people had put 4 x 1 on the side of the joists an inch or so lower to save them filling in the wall edges.
What absloute knobs.

As per title it had beed previously dropped and overboarded then artexed what an absolute pig to overboard the previous people had put 4 x 1 on the side of the joists an inch or so lower to save them filling in the wall edges.
What absloute knobs.
Did you not have the option to skim it?

Did you not have the option to skim it?
No because chimney breast was taken out so had to make that up first and didnt want it biting me on the arse later on with it falling off.
Done too mant artex over skims for many years thought i would do it proper.

No because chimney breast was taken out so had to make that up first and didnt want it biting me on the arse later on with it falling off.
Done too mant artex over skims for many years thought i would do it proper.
Agree . Fuckjng tramp job @lurpak lol. Bond or overboard. If not f**k it of or send lad

Agree . Fuckjng tramp job @lurpak lol. Bond or overboard. If not f**k it of or send lad
Dickhead!!
image.jpg

What absloute knobs.
They probably thought it would be like that forever! Nobody is ever gonna come along and change this lovely artex ceiling :LOL:......it's too darn good!

I did one a few years ago. I went to scrape the high spots and the lot fell off the ceiling..
It transpired that the ceiling had been plastered over the original artex then textured to look like artex again. It clearly hadn't bonded well.. Very strange.