Over polished Multi Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone not know how many trowels they've give a wall??
It only needs 3 if timed right, even if you want a shiny finish so why give it more?

I think it all started when lots of people started using these new stainless s*p*r*lex trowels and started posting it on a well known social media site then even more jumped on the case, so all of them now polishing, however they dunno that you can't polish a turd you can only roll it in glitter. In my opinion instead of polishing the living dead out of it put on another wall or go and get a beer and save your ligaments for tomorrow.

I was told off my old boss to polish the wall nearest to the front door because always those with the keys to the safe always run there hand on it as walking in, still a practice I carry out to this day

A proper decorator will alway put a 120 lightly over all fresh plaster then miss coat, sand/coat/ sand / coat gives the previous surface a slight key for next layer of paint.
Most don't do this but I think it's like the bell ends one coat sponge floating as apposed to coat/ flatten / coat / flatten / wet trowel / final.. Done

A proper decorator will alway put a 120 lightly over all fresh plaster then miss coat, sand/coat/ sand / coat gives the previous surface a slight key for next layer of paint.
Most don't do this but I think it's like the bell ends one coat sponge floating as apposed to coat/ flatten / coat / flatten / wet trowel / final.. Done

yep a proper decorator will :)

didn't realize a couple of wipes with a speedskim and one with a s*p*r*lex was the proper way

[QUOTE I've c this before plasters skimming get it as flat as pos 2 trowels and a 2 mi buff whith light sandpaper in morning have u c that?

Status
Not open for further replies.