our latest project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, it has been a busy month for polished plastering,
we have finished a bathroom in royal tunbridge wells and just completed a kitchen feature wall in surrey, we used a white intonachino to create a pitted base coat and a white marmorino topcoat over a floral stencil. I have attached a few pics of the wall just after the application, it hasnt dried out in these pics. as you all know its very hard to get good pics of these finishes. (The pics were taken very late in the evening)

We will be going back soon to get pics and videos of the completed kitchen renovation.

A big thanks to uveco for all your help

Attachments

• cheam6.JPG
    cheam6.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 483
  • cheam5.JPG
    cheam5.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 446
  • cheam4.JPG
    cheam4.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 432
  • Cheam1.JPG
    Cheam1.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 419
  • cheam2.JPG
    cheam2.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 433
How do you do the stencil work and on the angles beads how do you cover the metal.

I love to see good workmanship.

thanks lads. the wall was boarded and skimmed before we got there, when we applied the pitted this covered the skim and the bead. Use a angle trowel to get a nice rounded corner, we laid the stencil out where we wanted it and stuck it to the wall when we were happy with the position and wrapped it around the corner. I wasnt sure if it would work wrapping it around the corner as i havent seen it done before. and again when we applied the topcoat we used a angle trowel on the corner to get a rounded edge.

Looks good chaps :)

As others have said looks a lot more interesting than skimming all day long

bet its a c'nt if you get it wrong tho....

not a job for the coursers.... :RpS_laugh:

wonder if he got some of that new fangled black and silver flock wallpaper and sort of 'blew it up a bit' on a photocopier to get the stencil??

you'd sell that all day long wouldnt you... :huh:

70's mate....

the new thing is to have it in black flock with silver detail... i sh't you not mate, the good stuff is 40 quid a roll.... done a couple of feature walls in bedrooms with it...

Really nice, my missus was searching for wallpaper for one of the walls in the hall (before you say it, not coz of my plastering) She fancied a paper we had seen a few years ago in a pub and only come across it on the net, and was over the moon. £113 a roll lol so im thinkin it would be cheaper to go on the course and learn somethin like this which in my opinion is unique to each house. So might show her these picks and see if she will give me the money to go on the course ;)

great plan mate... till she changes her mind half way through... you rip it off... then she changes it back again... :RpS_laugh:

Hey guys thanks for the positive replys i wasnt expecting so many.
I would have liked to do it in a bolder a colour but its nice and subtle
I must say thanks to uveco for all the hard work with the stencil and the quick turn around. Theres not to much that can go wrong you just have to take your time, I hope it leads to more of the custom finishes like this.

What a load of b*ll***s, anyone can stick patterned wallpaper up n claim its venetian, cameras very decieving!

Just kidding Carl, pukka job! ;)

Im not, my whole life is a figmant of imagination, infact I dont know what plastering is and have no idea why Im here!:D

Well seeing as most poeple knock a room out day for 10 shillings, Ill get some super spread off here to do it, and claim it was me, after all you told me to go for a ride didnt ya? :D

Hey Twitcher, I dont know if i can tell you where i got the stencils from...............only kidding contact Dave from Uveco.
Thanks to all the lads for all the comments,

If anyone wants any polished plaster done or knows anyone thats does, bear us in mind
I will be posting more pics and vids soon

venetian plasterers.co.uk - Home

Status
Not open for further replies.