Other spreads working methods

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobspread

Started a job today with another plasterer and his lacky , I hadn't even got me overalls on and he told him to get mixing ,it wasn't scrimmed or beaded ,it was ******* hectic, his lacky said its always like this and most spreads don't last long working with him, I said Im not surprised you'll have an accident working like that ,I always like to get set up have a break , listen to pop master and go home lol!

I know a spread who wont get out the van till his labourer has prepped a room got his tools out and stuck a bucket full on the spot. Then once the rooms on he throws his tools at the lab to wash, and goes back to his van till its ready for a trowel. He's a lazy horrible c**t who wants some manners sticking on him.
Takes all sorts I suppose.

once worked on job and the other spread never changed his washing off water for a whole week..... his tools where fkin filthy.... when he did he could hardley carry the thing..

:RpS_blushing: i only change my claening water once a day and all my trowels tend to get a nice crust on them, not like really shitty but a crust, sometimes ill change it for the afternoon hit if its good really shittty

once worked on job and the other spread never changed his washing off water for a whole week..... his tools where fkin filthy.... when he did he could hardley carry the thing..
I know a bloke who puts his muck bucket in the back of the van for it to slosh about all over the show, starts a fresh bucket, he has a van full of buckets of dirty water by the end of the week :RpS_laugh:
The roof is black with mould, ******* minger.

We would set up pva and get a mix on , sooner its on the wall the better , finish it while beading other walls etc then break :RpS_thumbup:

Nothing I hate more than dirty water buckets just makes all the crusty water stick to your trowels and hawk a lot quicker...
I no it might be anal but I get through 2 splash buckets a hit and I always clean my trowels dry em and wd40 them every night.

Maybe why I ain't married yet

Nothing I hate more than dirty water buckets just makes all the crusty water stick to your trowels and hawk a lot quicker...
I no it might be anal but I get through 2 splash buckets a hit and I always clean my trowels dry em and wd40 them every night.

I don't know why your not married love, by the sounds of it you'll make some lucky man a wonderful wife :)

what kind of hit are you doing where a, you dirty the water enough to need 2 fresh buckets of water and b you have enough time to do that

:RpS_blushing: i only change my claening water once a day and all my trowels tend to get a nice crust on them, not like really shitty but a crust, sometimes ill change it for the afternoon hit if its good really shittty

I like to try and change my water after every set if possible Evan on domestics, i know it's hard sometimes though...

on with a skimming job at mo.. went last week to do some of it, back tomorrow when rest is ready and left my water in splash bucker to use tomorrow..lol...

Usually use two buckets, one to wash tools in then dip my brushes in a clean one. Mucky water buckets are left to stand, pour water off then scrape crap out of the bottom to dry.

I soak all of my trowels overnight whenever im on a job more than a day

I use do that come to think of it, I would have to take the handle off of the wooden ones. I just wash them off in fresh water the end of each hit now.

Wipe em with a micro fibre cloth at the end of each set, it'll lift all the crap off that gets left behind if your splash bucket waters a bit murky.

i still laff at my mate who left his trowels in brick acid over the weekend when he came back on monday only the handle was left :RpS_lol:

yep stainless. also have duragrip handles. I keep them relatively clean anyway but soaking them gets them spotless. no scraping or sanding
just a wipe with the sponge

Usually use two buckets, one to wash tools in then dip my brushes in a clean one. Mucky water buckets are left to stand, pour water off then scrape crap out of the bottom to dry.
rhys, whats happening with judges lodgings in York, getting done out/opening date, and that old bonding warehouse down the road from the queens hotel, anything happening there yet, thanks hector

what kind of hit are you doing where a, you dirty the water enough to need 2 fresh buckets of water and b you have enough time to do that
I also go through two buckets of water per hit, I always change it after the first trowel and then that water does me until I've given the next hit the first trowel too :)

phhhhh....clean trowels are soooooooo last summer and G**....real men have loppy uns!!!! weirdos!!!!:rolleyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.