Other products like bondit

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
What other brands are there like thistle bond-it. I know about febond blue grit and 505 but what else is out there.
Thanks
I'm new here and I posted this today but can't find it anywhere.

I've mainly Only worked on new builds and only done a handful of domestic over the years but I want to start doing more and use something better than unibond as it's not great on all surfaces. So a better product that's covers just about all of them and don't cost the ends of the earth.
I can get the febond blue grit for about £22 a 10l tub .So far it looks like I will be using this.

Where is the best place to get betonkontakt from and the cost of it,Tried google but not much come up.

Ive emailed encon as there are nearer to me for the Micro Gobetis 2000 ive seen 3000 mentioned but 2000 was only on there site . Do they sell it per tub or do you have to get a few from them whats price on this?

Can you give me some places that stock it to see about cost and shipping.
Thanks

2000 is the older stuff mate. 3000 works exactly the same but is a bit more jelly like. And it's a different colour. I get 2-3 at a time. But parex are only round the corner from me and my merchant picks it up as and when I want it

i was getting blugrit from zedfix for about £16 for 10 litres. always thought it was too lumpy. use to mix it with pva and was great. then they put up the price and i got the plasterers grit which is yellow and crap. like piss. its now in the garage. you get what you pay for. will be getting blugrit again this week.

2000 is the older stuff mate. 3000 works exactly the same but is a bit more jelly like. And it's a different colour. I get 2-3 at a time. But parex are only round the corner from me and my merchant picks it up as and when I want it

£40.00 a tub sounds good I emailed parex and they gave me encon in nottingham as the closest one that stock it but not sure what they charge as i only emailed them today. Just waiting to see what they say. I thought i read some where that encon quoted some one £70 a tub so was looking if any places ship the stuff any cheaper than that if thats what they come back with.

It drys alot quicker than any other bonding agent imo. Half hour to an hour on 99% of substratea

i was getting blugrit from zedfix for about £16 for 10 litres. always thought it was too lumpy. use to mix it with pva and was great. then they put up the price and i got the plasterers grit which is yellow and crap. like piss. its now in the garage. you get what you pay for. will be getting blugrit again this week.

Ive got some blue grit but i find the grit large not fine and hard to cover like going over artex. 10l tub does not go that far and ive not added any thing to it as i dont want any thing going wrong.

That blue grit ive got you have to do it day before takes full day to dry it says on tub. With that micro could get it on set up and get gauge on or two.

Ive got some blue grit but i find the grit large not fine and hard to cover like going over artex. 10l tub does not go that far and ive not added any thing to it as i dont want any thing going wrong.

agree, with you grace, darling. its like a textured paint. mixed with pva its fine. go over it a half hour later. maybe a bit longer with shiney shiney and artex. before i joined this forum i just used pva and never had a problem. ever. on non suction i would just throw a handful of multi in with the pva. maybe the old days were the best days:-(

£40 that's a very good price steady beddy

its not really scientific, grace. like five or six blobs with a quarter scuttle of pva and water. good mix. sounds mickey mouse but it works. think people can become a bit anal.

can never get my head around having to use this 24 hours before and go back. havent got time for that. want to just pva and go. dont want to use anything for an hour or two the day before and then do nothing for the rest of the day, its the emporers new clothes

That micro 3000 sounds like the stuff to use I think, dries quick so can get some sets on that same day :)

Sent from my iPhone using The Plasterers Forum

I've got a large room sort some chasers out and skim and with that blue grit can't get any thing on till next day which drives me mad.. :(

can never get my head around having to use this 24 hours before and go back. havent got time for that. want to just pva and go. dont want to use anything for an hour or two the day before and then do nothing for the rest of the day, its the emporers new clothes

Your right mate but I still use the micro and Kontakt as a rule but maybe ime a little more patient as well as anal! :)

That micro 3000 sounds like the stuff to use I think, dries quick so can get some sets on that same day :)

Give the micro a go as it's been used by a few of us on here with no comebacks, it's well priced and then you can decide which procedure suits you. ( sir)

its not really scientific, grace. like five or six blobs with a quarter scuttle of pva and water. good mix. sounds mickey mouse but it works. think people can become a bit anal.

Was that for me Jurek?. You quoted my post then mentioned. Grace, darling..... Have you been on the vino buddy?

Hi guys, I'm new on here.

Cementone Plasterers Stabilising Primer is what i tend to use, Value for money, the grit is not too coarse and won't eat up your skim and i've never had any issues.

Also used Thistle Bond-It but its more expensive and only available in 10L tubs.

Feb Bond Blue grit is probably the worst one i have used as its tends to clump and be either really gritty or too thin on the grit front.

PVA is good if you are on a tight schedule or price but if applying to a variety of backgrounds with different suction it can be a nightmare with some going off quickly and areas tending to hang wet and slide!

Just sharing my experiences and opinions!

Hi guys, I'm new on here.

Cementone Plasterers Stabilising Primer is what i tend to use, Value for money, the grit is not too coarse and won't eat up your skim and i've never had any issues.

Also used Thistle Bond-It but its more expensive and only available in 10L tubs.

Feb Bond Blue grit is probably the worst one i have used as its tends to clump and be either really gritty or too thin on the grit front.

PVA is good if you are on a tight schedule or price but if applying to a variety of backgrounds with different suction it can be a nightmare with some going off quickly and areas tending to hang wet and slide!

Just sharing my experiences and opinions!

Where do you get it from and cost ? Problem I have is getting the stuff for some reason. I'm going to need some in a couple of weeks and only place for like that micro is Nottingham as for that one you mention I've no idea where close would supply it. The Knauf brand I can't find any where close for that either. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.