ordered a speed skim

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive purchased 2 speedskims plus adaptor ive been working with a fellow spreads this week should seen his face when I flattened back and his still hustling on ! Great bit of kit love em!

Ive purchased 2 speedskims plus adaptor ive been working with a fellow spreads this week should seen his face when I flattened back and his still hustling on ! Great bit of kit love em!

exactly the reason I got one,i'm 40 this year and plastering takes it's toll on your body,so if I can save it I will(fuk the cost)

I know it looks impressive but after the initial ' that was quick mate' doesn't anyone actually think saying that it looks a bit ****

I used it today load of sh1t,just makes lines if wet and drags when going off(want my coin back)cavity wall filler with a handle ffs

so you've not red the instructions either then.............................:rolleyes)

I used it today load of sh1t,just makes lines if wet and drags when going off(want my coin back)cavity wall filler with a handle ffs

Hi mate - if you are struggling for some reason check out the Instruction & User guide. This contains quick reference 'How To's', Common FAQ's and also important tips on Care & Maintenance.

Here's a recent customer image using Speedskim (Scott Beaumont) . He uses standard Speedskim to flatten and SF to finish.

He also uses Speedskim on backing plasters, S&C and Krend.

Scott Beaumont Plastering.jpg

http://www.speedskim.co.uk/downloads/SPEEDSKIM-INTRODUCTION-USERGUIDE-NOVEMBER-2013.pdf

Hope this helps but if you want to discuss any aspect please give us a call..:RpS_thumbup:

Attachments

• Arran H 3.JPG
    Arran H 3.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 242
Hi mate - if you are struggling for some reason check out the Instruction & User guide. This contains quick reference 'How To's', Common FAQ's and also important tips on Care & Maintenance.

Here's a recent customer image using Speedskim (Scott Beaumont) . He uses standard Speedskim to flatten and SF to finish.

He also uses Speedskim on backing plasters, S&C and Krend.

View attachment 2635

http://www.speedskim.co.uk/downloads/SPEEDSKIM-INTRODUCTION-USERGUIDE-NOVEMBER-2013.pdf

Hope this helps but if you want to discuss any aspect please give us a call..:RpS_thumbup:

whats an SF?

it's not what I thought it was.

you need to send people round to sites to give a demo

I find using a speed skim helpful when on my own ill knock up 3 1/2 bags put on a good coat then go round with speedskim gives enough time to wash up then put a trowel on it wait to pick up sponge it then couple finishing trowels with your choice I prefer metal sf finishing rule then plastic for final polish. It's like any new tool in plastering timing is key if you get on it at the wrong time you will have trouble and if you don't keep it clean you will struggle. As a two man gang we managed to get a 110m2 ceiling on in one go with fantastic results due to the speedskim it gives you more time which allows one spread to drop back and flatten in while one keeps putting on obviously you have to be a competent plasterer to start with but it certainly helps our gang on price work. ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1390061432.562759.jpg ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1390061457.951344.jpg

I find using a speed skim helpful when on my own ill knock up 3 1/2 bags put on a good coat then go round with speedskim gives enough time to wash up then put a trowel on it wait to pick up sponge it then couple finishing trowels with your choice I prefer metal sf finishing rule then plastic for final polish. It's like any new tool in plastering timing is key if you get on it at the wrong time you will have trouble and if you don't keep it clean you will struggle. As a two man gang we managed to get a 110m2 ceiling on in one go with fantastic results due to the speedskim it gives you more time which allows one spread to drop back and flatten in while one keeps putting on obviously you have to be a competent plasterer to start with but it certainly helps our gang on price work. View attachment 2637View attachment 2638

it helps with stilts,maby I need normal skimming work to test it out,been on a new school with daft ceilings

If we're on ceilings look in corner of room on pic we have a extendable pole which we attach the speedskim to and flatten off your feet and with the sf coming out you can finish it off your feet too. Just be patient with it and try different times.

If we're on ceilings look in corner of room on pic we have a extendable pole which we attach the speedskim to and flatten off your feet and with the sf coming out you can finish it off your feet too. Just be patient with it and try different times. 

these ceilings are v shape with windows at the top done off a sh1t scaff and a room mate,only one more to go thank god.

I'm waiting for voice over man.........' There was a time when a plasterer accidentally knocked over a cavity closer and the speed skim was invented'

Status
Not open for further replies.