opinion on price

S a plastering

Private Member
been offered £5.50 a mtr on a full house resKim all prepped an loaded out I've always done day work on refurb stuff just wondered if you think this is ok or do you think better on day work cheers

2 walls per set at 10m2, 2 sets per day £220 per day....where I live id snap his hand off, very rare my day rate starts with a 2

Its goes on thicker on reskims normally takes longer to go in and who's prepped it , i would go and have a look and work out how long it would take and give them a price

If theyre average rooms say 55m2 ish you'd easy do 1 a day. Over £300 a day. Beats day rate.

Never herd of someone offering a reskim on metreage but if its legit then could be a good shout

Madmonk is this a wind up ?

If not I'd look first for defo, you know the score reskim on m2 sound's great but it could be like the wobbly house from hell , end up chucking bags of skim on just to level the walls up.

Reskim is always harder and more skilled than site,lol

Tbf for me this is more of an issue of someone thinking that they can offer a m2 on what?????

A 1 off domestic????

If so cheeky cunnts...to me people only earn the right to dictate price if there's continuity of work etc...ie commercial, new builds etc.

Could just be a 1 off house...who the took knows what walking into could be artex, high walls, barrel ceilings blabla...

Might only add up to 1k of foookin headache...

Its all about who has the power in this situation???

I don't go to asda and tell them how much I'm paying for my shopping!!!!

Let's put it this way if thus house was going to he viewed by say 3 credible plastered...would there price come out higher hence when nobsacks trying to give a m2 etc...

Any plastering mates of mine would laugh there bollox off if I was to offer them a domeztic job to them on m2 thinking i wad a big time charly!!!!

You at the very least need to know the agreed price for the unit

Equily could be a fair price depending on set up, surface and payer...only you know the answers pal

Tbf for me this is more of an issue of someone thinking that they can offer a m2 on what?????

A 1 off domestic????

If so cheeky cunnts...to me people only earn the right to dictate price if there's continuity of work etc...ie commercial, new builds etc.

Could just be a 1 off house...who the took knows what walking into could be artex, high walls, barrel ceilings blabla...

Let's put it this way if thus house was going to he viewed by say 3 credible plastered...would there price come out higher hence when nobsacks trying to give a m2 etc...

Any plastering mates of mine would laugh there bollox off if I was to offer them a domeztic job to them on m2 thinking i wad a big time charly!!!!

My view is id work it out the same as normal pretty much...find out how many metres in house, go and view it and work out how many days it will take...id have the metres multiplied by the rate divided by days needed and then you got your day rate averaged out over the job

A 1 off domestic????

Lol, you are right mate f**k um cheeky gits probably been on here looking for m2 rate and trying to catch him out...even if it's cleared out there's always something to mess us up.

Tell him to do one madmonk,

Never ever has anyone said m2 on reskim to me thinking about it, if you agreed and got £300 plus they would turn on you and ask for discount there all the same,lol

My view is id work it out the same as normal pretty much...find out how many metres in house, go and view it and work out how many days it will take...id have the metres multiplied by the rate divided by days needed and then you got your day rate averaged out over the job
What about sweeping up ?

Even if you only did 40m2 you would be laughing

If not I'd look first for defo, you know the score reskim on m2 sound's great but it could be like the wobbly house from hell , end up chucking bags of skim on just to level the walls up.

bollox is it

Thanks lodan for teaching me how to price up...knew there was something I was doing wrong!!!

Only been doing this for myself for 20yrs!!!

Its about the principal for me and not price!!!

Who the foook does the c**t think he is telling the plasterer what he's going to pay.

My vans got a service next week, I ain't going yo tell the garage what I'm going to pay.

Sure I can shop around ad can he that's his parogative...

BUT...telling them what he's going to pay is a massive difference....

Like said m2 rate us for continuity of work and commercial.

Domestic get quotes and cough up end of!!!

no why's it a wind up I'm askin a question there are more houses after this one aswell an I will b going to see it first

Thanks lodan for teaching me how to price up...knew there was something I was doing wrong!!!

Only been doing this for myself for 20yrs!!!
Why so touchy mate? only gave an opinion on how I would price it....that is what the threads about

I done some @5/sqm 2 years ago, was a dogshit tbh, never ever was anything ready was a real hodgepodge, no big areas, and some walls needed more than just a reskim.
If you got plenty to go at and not tiny rooms and it's a well run/organised job you could be quids in.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Only madmonk you know wat the best way is here u mite get there and mayb s**t all over etc and all prep work shite but then again u mite get there and its all straight forward work..it will defo work out cheaper for the guy that's y he's offering m2 rate instead of pricing each individual room etc..plus got to take into account some people take the proper piss on day rate so guy mayb covering his back..one of those where there isn't a right or wrong answer without actually c ing the job

no why's it a wind up I'm askin a question there are more houses after this one aswell an I will b going to see it first

That's different then if its continuity of work and from a firm appose to a 1 off domestic job...

Could be good, could be bad, worth a punt then I guess!!

That's different then if its continuity of work and from a firm appose to a 1 off domestic job...

Could be good, could be bad, worth a punt then I guess!!
Or ye if it was a 1 off domestic job id tell them to stick m2 rate up there arse..i assumed it was from a firm

Sorry my bad,... Just typed as it came in my head...

No offence ment pal if came across short xxx
No problem mate....a tough day of spreading this goo around makes us all a bit short(y)

sorry lads meant too say there are more full houses to go at after this one like I said never really been offered it on m2 resKim an I will be defo takin a gander first if it don't look good won't be getting my toys out the van thanks for the replys

Fully fledged 1 coater now zombie ive seen the light..do it properly mind coat all scrims,beads,casings up etc and looks exactly like our 2 coat work..actually enjoyed skimming 2day for some strange reason

Corrrrrrect brother!!!

Fill out joints, beads, linnings etc...

Mix gear up nice & round take that little bit longer putting on...

3 trowels job done!!!

Genuinely Mate I was taught to 1 coat properly by 2 spreads around 10 yrs back and have never looked back...

Best, 2 spreads ever worked with A1 flawless!!!

I would put my work up against anyone's or simply wouldn't to it!!!

Trust me @Kitchy you will genuinely now start to earn more, quicker, easier on the body, be done earlier and will enjoy skimming again!!!

Good lad!!!