Opened bag of multifinish

Members online

Ollyjmartin

Hoping someone can advise on roughly how long an opened bag of multifinish might last if it’s been taped back up and stored indoors?
Is there a typical time like a month or a week?
TIA

Do you find that the pH of the local water makes a difference?
Here in Essex I find that 147mm makes the perfect cup/mug of plaster.

I find that adding a tablespoon of cement to the plaster makes pH a non-issue.

Even better, if you open a bag of multi or board finish, and need to store the remainder, just sprinkle in a mugful of cement powder before you store it - works every time (y)

You have to twist the top of the bag anti clockwise when between the spring and autumn equinox if you are north of the equator. Opposite of you are south. Clockwise if your between the autumn and the spring equinox north side and visa versa
Keeps it fresher longer

Last edited:
Take it out of the bag and wrap it in cling film! Will bring in back! Sounds a bit controversial but trust me it works and good thing is ya can do it in front of TV while watching soaps x

Store it in safe place in the garden shed or garage, then move it about for the next 3 months until the bag starts to split, when you need it, mix with water in a clean bucket, then throw it away with the bucket. before you can use it. Well that is what I have done.

I had a good laugh at some of the replies but if anyone is interested to know a real answer then I can report after 4 weeks the plaster was perfectly fine to use.
Stored indoors with central heating on in very wet cold weather in December bag sealed with gaffer tape

Well, good for you!

pleased adam levine GIF by The Voice

Got two nearly full bags in the shed, leftovers bonding and multi, months old now, wanted to get rid but bloody virus makes un-attended skips rare and fly tippers with sign-written vans stand out in the non-existent crowd.

Hoping someone can advise on roughly how long an opened bag of multifinish might last if it’s been taped back up and stored indoors?
Is there a typical time like a month or a week?
TIA
If it’s stored and taped up I’d say a week or 2 at most. I have used open bags before they are fine as long as stored correctly etc.