Open bag. Should I still use?

Members online

103daz

Hi everyone.
I bought a bag of finish 2 months ago & the bag ripped open a bit at the top so just rolled it up a bit.
Due to virus there was a delay on the job but I got here 4 weeks ago.
I need to skim a wall (among loads if other jobs) but I had forgotten the bag had been riped open a bit (the plaster is still in date though).
I cant get a hold of another bag anywhere so should iI use it or will it go straight off?.
Just to add that I'm a joiner not a plasterer, but have picked other trades up over the years, I do normally use a plasterer, but do some small jobs myself, but I can't have him on the job with me for just one 6M2 wall & he's a 4.5 hour drive away.
So this is the biggest area I've skimmed before (new plasterboard) I wasn't worried about it though, until I remembered that it had sat here for 4 weeks, & in my house about 4 weeks before that, with a rip in the top.
Thanks for reading.
Hope some of you guys can give your opinion.

went to a job customer had provided plaster,mixed a bag of bonding up,turned round to get my handboard and trowel,turned back and it was set solid in bucket,how long have you had this i said ,oh let me see now,3 years he said,in the shed but it was off the floor as if that made things better,anyhooooooooo i was just thinking about it ,just thought i would mention it

Just mix it up and crack on. If it flash sets then there’s nothing you can do about it anyway.

went to a job customer had provided plaster,mixed a bag of bonding up,turned round to get my handboard and trowel,turned back and it was set solid in bucket,how long have you had this i said ,oh let me see now,3 years he said,in the shed but it was off the floor as if that made things better,anyhooooooooo i was just thinking about it ,just thought i would mention it
Had same happen . Couldnt get bucket trowel out

stopped reading at handboard

Did you not use a hawk then?

Ha ha.
Some funny old comments here.
Just thought that I'd check as it has been open for 8 weeks total now.

Smoother09.
Personally 8 would never use a plaster 4.5 hour drive away (don't think they would turn up, & even if they did, a 3 hour shift would work out 12 hours with traveling lol)
Me personally. I use the 9ne who lives a 5 min drive away from my house. But I'm not in my house. I'm living & working in a manor house in Scotland, which is??
Yep. You guessed it, a....... Wait for it.... a 4.5 Hour drive away

Hi all.

Its a bit late but Just to let you all know that I got away with it.
I recon it still went off a little bit quicker than usual but the wall was spot on & (no disrespects to MOST plasterers) but for the biggest area for me to skim, I did it spot on & I've seen worse skims.

Anyway.
Old property number 2, & problem number 2 (Distemper?)
So off for clarification/advice now.