only time will tell

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

brimplas1

had a few beers one night last week after clearing out my shed and decided to sell my spot board as it hasn't been out of the shed in 6 months as on a lot of my jobs a don't have room for it or I get tired of cleaning it, so sold it and put the money to a r#fin# alloy bucket scoop.... it arrived today and will christen it tomorrow.. anybody else have one and what do you think?

Id never sell my spot ..... you are a fool :RpS_lol: .... in will roll a nice empty house to skim/float ... you see :RpS_wink: :RpS_lol:

Let me know what the scoops like though :RpS_thumbup:

I use the mac scoop and the 75ltr bucket from refina, made a wheeled dolly so the gears always next to me, only do new builds and much prefer it to the spot and stand.
That said i wouldnt part with it cause i still do the occasional render, and would never float straight out of a bucket.

I use the mac scoop and the 75ltr bucket from refina, made a wheeled dolly so the gears always next to me, only do new builds and much prefer it to the spot and stand.
That said i wouldnt part with it cause i still do the occasional render, and would never float straight out of a bucket.

Been thinking about one of these giant rascals ... do they last / how long you had yours ??

i brought a dolly out of aldi this week 12 quid its the tits, well made :RpS_thumbup: or was it lidl?:RpS_confused:

Been thinking about one of these giant rascals ... do they last / how long you had yours ??

Had it for a couple of years there well built, obviously you could use the largest gorilla tub which is also 75ltr but I find them a bit splashy when mixing finish in them.

hi scottie 5 - wheeled dolly that's a strange name for your new labourer - is he a polish transvestite :RpS_scared::RpS_lol:

How many on here use a spot board and how many scoop I hate doing domestics and not having enough room to set up spot board wouldn't be without one on big jobs

well I used the scoop today and I am liking it.... really saves your back on bending over using the bucket trowel, especially as it fills your hand board with one scoop and not 2/3 with the bucket trowel. if i am honest its too well made as it looks bloody indestructible . as for the spot board/bucket debate I very rarely have space to use a board as only do domestic .

On the subject of diy scoops I saw some lads on a job knocking up hardwall in a small wheelie bin, and using what looked like a, wok cut in half and welded to the bottom of a garden rake handle to scoop it out with.
There lab was wearing a watford shirt. And looked a bit hills have eyes.

well I used the scoop today and I am liking it.... really saves your back on bending over using the bucket trowel, especially as it fills your hand board with one scoop and not 2/3 with the bucket trowel. if i am honest its too well made as it looks bloody indestructible . as for the spot board/bucket debate I very rarely have space to use a board as only do domestic .

You can make them scoops in 5mins with a bottom of a Parex bucket and some plastic pipe. They cost nowt and last years.
Or you could buy an old fashion soup ladle

I've not used my spot and stand in years but still have it in the van because you never know! With the weather picking up now I might get it out again and put it next to the BBQ with all the sauces and salad on

On the subject of diy scoops I saw some lads on a job knocking up hardwall in a small wheelie bin, and using what looked like a, wok cut in half and welded to the bottom of a garden rake handle to scoop it out with.
There lab was wearing a watford shirt. And looked a bit hills have eyes.

how old were they ? Good old schoolers make tools out of **** all, they work thou . Many a random time have had and heard of funny tools made by hand but they work! Sum storys but no secrets given sorry lol

Status
Not open for further replies.