one wall of 4...... help! help! help!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

platinum

as you may or may not have gathered im quite new tall this game but enjoy it greatly.... and thanks to all you god members out there your help is really appreciated....

Problem......

i have one wall in a fully furished painted and decorated room to do...... i know ineed to pva 3:1 a couple of times and when tacky off ya go.... problem ive got is how do you keep the joining furnished walls clean and tidy.... ???? as your pulling away from that wall with your trowel and the ceiling its only natural your trowel will leave small amounts of plaster marks in the corners and ceiling ????? plus when you brush up in the corner of the wall your gonna get marks..... do you just masking tape up best you can??? although doing this i worry when take the tape off some of your newly plastered wall may too come away???? i guess what i'm asking is what do the pro's do????

p.s hope u can understand my problem :p

Its all about being neat and tidy really but that comes with time so best use low tack masking tape along the walls edges and take it off when you have the plaster on the wall and allways use clean water to wash off .

Wetting your ceiling and wall angles before you start will help also , if you do get some skim on edges it will easily wash off with clean water ,

I did a job to day skimming artex ceiling working to coving and as usual i have a bucket with clean water and a sponge and just keep cleaning using the damp sponge ....

Take it slow, its only one wall so plenty of time for cleaning

Rich B

i'd explain to them youll do your best but you might get the odd splash on the wall .........if i do youll have to paint it again ;D

They are gonna have to paint the new wall anyway so having to touch up the others aint a big deal is it

Status
Not open for further replies.