One day a good labourer the next f**k**g crap

What about any relations you might have, my brother was most loyal to me when we worked together I always think family less likely to maybe not let you down but having said that shouldn't mix business and pleasure might be downside as well, lol

I've recently had one jack on me, was paying him £60 a day. At first the tools were all cleaned the van was spotless and organised how I told him and he seemed keen the thing that f**k*d me off tho was Cus he'd done a course he thought he was a plasterer which he was far from it just told him to do as I say keep his nut down and he'd be ok, any way a while back he stopped listening and doing things his way and f**k**g s**t up we had a few words and he said I should show him more respect as he wasn't a labourer and could go toe to toe with me n my oppo, so I said fine next job your on price work his jaw hit the floor and said but what if I can't cover my money? But you can Cus your a spread, needless to say he jacked after the next job as he only earned £28 a day after that and he apparently realised that plastering/rendering weren't for him. Up till then he loved it as he was having £300 a week dropped in his lap the c**t he even tried dragging jobs out to get the extra money aswell, hard to believe he's a 32 year old father of 4 who's now content sitting on the rock n roll, 12 months I wasted on the weasel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
£28 on a price surly that's big money . What did he do knock over a bucket lol .family is a no no I had my brother helping my once he's not a grafter you could see he didn't want to be there and on the last sand @ cement mix didn't put any cement in it so I told him to f**k off home .

Got one at the moment,have to wipe his arse, can't think ahead and everything takes an age to get done.Hes only any good for filling the hopper and every instruction we give him always goes wrong somewhere.
This Fecker is nearly 19 years of age and has spent two years at college,God knows what doing, and the sad thing about it is that it's more than commonplace these days.

Most don't pull their finger out cos they don't have to!! They go home and make up a story about how bad they been treated and mummy tells them not to worry and they don't have to go ever again.
As I have said before most have no balls or pride and will drag themselves about site til you have had enough then they can say they tried it's pitiful but true.

£28 on a price surly that's big money . What did he do knock over a bucket lol .family is a no no I had my brother helping my once he's not a grafter you could see he didn't want to be there and on the last sand @ cement mix didn't put any cement in it so I told him to f**k off home .
Your labourer must be from portswood lol

Dont know why labourers think its so hard work, surely if you strong enough to lift a bag or a board then thats the hardest part. I can empty and clean a bucket in about a minute....what else is there apart from giving tools a wipe

Reactions: Mag
Labouring is easy if you are fit and smart. But most labourers I have had since 2000 apart from the gem mentioned above hate using water and a brush. Dry clean only.

They just cant see how much faster and easier it is to clean with water whilst wet. Bang clean with a hammer then scrape is the norm.

Labouring is easy if you are fit and smart. But most labourers I have had since 2000 apart from the gem mentioned above hate using water and a brush. Dry clean only.

They just cant see how much faster and easier it is to clean with water whilst wet. Bang clean with a hammer then scrape is the norm.
If your smart I bet you would be labouring so a catch-22

If I catch mine banging my tools I've told him brake it you replace it .

Good labourers are worth there weight in gold, maybe an indulgence on internals, but certainly for us on externals they pay for there selves all day long, as there's so much to do. Any tedious task they can do, takes it off me or one of my spreads to do.

Labourers........ what we will do without them? I will say , a must on externals and internals. There is so much going on - mixing ,cleaning, set up..... all this " little " and not so important jobs that we avoid at any cost. For the 50-70 money I will get someone useless tbh. Start , maybe, but then is up to you to bring them up to speed. I always tell them the plan for the day and what I expect from them. Help me to do more and I'll pay you more! The little extras are huge motivations , just like when you jump from day work to price work!

I dunno I was a bucket bitch for 2 spreads and it was hard work... especially when knocking up sand and cement on site

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I dunno I was a bucket bitch for 2 spreads and it was hard work... especially when knocking up sand and cement on site

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I remember first time I laboured on a big harling job I thought f**k me this is hard the plasterers have it easy. I also remember first time I brought down a big gable and thought f**k me the labourer has it easy!

Labouers become spreads and there for no apprentices required and trade ends up with a bad name,prices fall and so do standards.It absoulutly recks my head when some claims to be a plasterer and really there only a glorified labourer.If you want to last in plastering during your life time you need labourers, its part of the set up sadly.

I've recently had one jack on me, was paying him £60 a day. At first the tools were all cleaned the van was spotless and organised how I told him and he seemed keen the thing that f**k*d me off tho was Cus he'd done a course he thought he was a plasterer which he was far from it just told him to do as I say keep his nut down and he'd be ok, any way a while back he stopped listening and doing things his way and f**k**g s**t up we had a few words and he said I should show him more respect as he wasn't a labourer and could go toe to toe with me n my oppo, so I said fine next job your on price work his jaw hit the floor and said but what if I can't cover my money? But you can Cus your a spread, needless to say he jacked after the next job as he only earned £28 a day after that and he apparently realised that plastering/rendering weren't for him. Up till then he loved it as he was having £300 a week dropped in his lap the c**t he even tried dragging jobs out to get the extra money aswell, hard to believe he's a 32 year old father of 4 who's now content sitting on the rock n roll, 12 months I wasted on the weasel

Was he from over wolvo way mucky?

A good labourer to a good gang is a skill...they need to be switched on aswell.
s**t gear/never there on time fucks not just the day up but the the week planned ahead.

All labourer's say we're twisted and got summat missing upstairs fair point but I wouldn't have it any other way,enjoy your weekend drink and be merry

Was it that chap who was on here the other week asking for graft from low hill way?

I'm sure it wasn't that chap had a few the last month though so can't really remember I had a cv from a lad last week from Halesowen asking for a start don't understand why they don't approach the big outfits who do Lovells and David Wilson type sites got more chance of getting a start with them

I'll take it all back my labourer who I posted this about is a god he's on holiday for 8 days so im doing all the crap he does he's the best I miss him lol