One day a good labourer the next f**k**g crap

Mag

What the f**k is up with these labourers mine is usually good but lately he has one good day and one f**k**g s**t day I'm ready to give him the o121. I'm rendering all he has to do it knock up and Clean up but I've still
Got to give him a hand and he wants a pay rise no f**k**g chance pal .

Hard to come by are good labourers, the good ones usually switched on an start spreading so want more money and the ones thay dont ask for a rise are not interrsted ya cant win,

What the f**k is up with these labourers mine is usually good but lately he has one good day and one f**k**g s**t day I'm ready to give him the o121. I'm rendering all he has to do it knock up and Clean up but I've still
Good labourers are like gold dust

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Pay rise ? No problem bud! Today we switch, I'll do your job, you do mine .
In the end of the day they are grateful still have a job. Pay rise is due when they deserve it, not when they need it.

Cos people with a brain don't want to be the bitch on half pay all their lives. We just work as 2 plasterers and share labour dutys and don't pay no useless chuff to mooch about all day looking at Facebook on his phone

i had a lad call me.today wants labouring job.
great i thought. he can drive. ok.
wants 70 a day...

found that a bit steep. what everyone.else think?

wants 70 a day...

Pay mine £50 a day on inside s**t as he just knocks up 3/4 bag of finish a day and£70 on rendering ?

Cos people with a brain don't want to be the bitch on half pay all their lives. We just work as 2 plasterers and share labour dutys and don't pay no useless chuff to mooch about all day looking at Facebook on his phone
True that i catch him on his phone all the time it does my nut in ?

wants 70 a day...

I can't get anyone around here for 120 a day and they would expect that cash in hand and no Thursdays when they sign on.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mag
Thought about this labour thing long and hard

Still come to the same conclusion ,

Staying on me own and call in reinforcements (proper spread)

There is more money in nicking cars than there is labouring that's what the problem is.

wants 70 a day...

f**k £70 a day! Is that cash aswell? There wud have to be a s**t hot labourer and be able to put a bag on for that! If that's cash its like £400 a week..do our own labouring us wen we had a labourer we get proper lazy even asking them to move step up a few feet lol

Reactions: Mag
Thought about this labour thing long and hard

Still come to the same conclusion ,

Staying on me own and call in reinforcements (proper spread)

There is more money in nicking cars than there is labouring that's what the problem is.
True but now I'm doing a fair bit of machine rendering I need maybe two lads so I'm f**k*d

I had this problem b4. It's an easy fix. Don't give him a hand. At the end of the day don't give him a hand to clean up. U just get in the van play with the phone. When he thinks he has it finished get out and have a look. If u see a few things you are not happy with tell him to sort it and u get back in to the van. On till it is. U will be at work and bit longer but he will soon get the message.

I had this problem b4. It's an easy fix. Don't give him a hand. At the end of the day don't give him a hand to clean up. U just get in the van play with the phone. When he thinks he has it finished get out and have a look. If u see a few things you are not happy with tell him to sort it and u get back in to the van. On till it is. U will be at work and bit longer but he will soon get the message.

Clemos that rite he's said it twice..

Wen lads used to ask me wat time we were finishing it used to proper piss me off so I Stay later..got a sense of gratification out of it..sad t**t eh lol

f**k £70 a day! Is that cash aswell? There wud have to be a s**t hot labourer and be able to put a bag on for that! If that's cash its like £400 a week..do our own labouring us wen we had a labourer we get proper lazy even asking them to move step up a few feet lol
How long has your longest serving labourer ever done kitchy ?

How long has your longest serving labourer ever done kitchy ?
Years ago wen I started out on my own 3 years..me and business partner have had about 5 different lads ranging from 2 years to 2'days..only 1 young lad who wrked for us is still plastering none can hack it or cant handle getting taken piss out of etc

Yep cash monies

Yep cash monies

sunny Southampton
What about any relations you might have, my brother was most loyal to me when we worked together I always think family less likely to maybe not let you down but having said that shouldn't mix business and pleasure might be downside as well, lol

My labourers start on £50 a day cash for the first month. Most leave within a week.

After 1 month I review their wage which usually because they are still learning I give minimum wage with a promise of £300 take home once they dont need their arse wiping anymore and are out of nappies.

This is the problem. They don't want to know how to be independent of my supervision and prefer minimum wage. After 6 weeks I start getting annoyed and show it but they wont budge. So then comes the ultimatum. Usually this is down to setting up and running the Ritmo. I give them their final set up and if they cant set up on their own from the next day then they are either thick or ignorant. I award them their £300 take home which they often don't want and if they don't know what they are doing then they will be so sacked!

It usually works. Labourers are labourers for a reason. Look into their upbringing, you will find they did not acheive at school and fear responsibility. Life has to be easy and labourers are usually skint. No money management skills what so ever.

I have to be patient with labourers. I had a miserable apprenticeship because of one and at 19 nearly topped myself because of another.

I hate labourers with a passion. Make the dumb arse f**k**s earn their money. Dont get me wrong there are good ones out there. I had one for 3 months who was worth tradesmans money. Always early, never needed to shout for gear it was there up front. All tools cleaned and his own equipment spotless. Cleaned up behind us. We so missed him when he went back his old firm who had started a new development. But his type are hard to find.

wants 70 a day...

If he wants £70 a day are kid put him on pric. No one wants to graft anymore me arl cellar works with us. He's close to 65 still throws his meters in and labours.people are shocked when they see him move.Byt that's what he's done all his life. He first started labouring on a 3 nan floor gang. Then moved up to keeping a gang of spreads going on the hod. He was never picked up to go to work.made his own way there. ni buses that early in them days.Had to walk to jobs. I'll be lost when he goes. Because I'm just like him. Give it 100% everyday.Any problems.we get over them. Keep that train going!He puts these lads to shame.He tells me everyda.I feel sorry for our tradeand the industry in general.Where's all the grafters?????????

I've recently had one jack on me, was paying him £60 a day. At first the tools were all cleaned the van was spotless and organised how I told him and he seemed keen the thing that f**k*d me off tho was Cus he'd done a course he thought he was a plasterer which he was far from it just told him to do as I say keep his nut down and he'd be ok, any way a while back he stopped listening and doing things his way and f**k**g s**t up we had a few words and he said I should show him more respect as he wasn't a labourer and could go toe to toe with me n my oppo, so I said fine next job your on price work his jaw hit the floor and said but what if I can't cover my money? But you can Cus your a spread, needless to say he jacked after the next job as he only earned £28 a day after that and he apparently realised that plastering/rendering weren't for him. Up till then he loved it as he was having £300 a week dropped in his lap the c**t he even tried dragging jobs out to get the extra money aswell, hard to believe he's a 32 year old father of 4 who's now content sitting on the rock n roll, 12 months I wasted on the weasel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've recently had one jack on me, was paying him £60 a day. At first the tools were all cleaned the van was spotless and organised how I told him and he seemed keen the thing that f**k*d me off tho was Cus he'd done a course he thought he was a plasterer which he was far from it just told him to do as I say keep his nut down and he'd be ok, any way a while back he stopped listening and doing things his way and f**k**g s**t up we had a few words and he said I should show him more respect as he wasn't a labourer and could go toe to toe with me n my oppo, so I said fine next job your on price work his jaw hit the floor and said but what if I can't cover my money? But you can Cus your a spread, needless to say he jacked after the next job as he only earned £28 a day after that and he apparently realised that plastering/rendering weren't for him. Up till then he loved it as he was having £300 a week dropped in his lap the c**t he even tried dragging jobs out to get the extra money aswell, hard to believe he's a 32 year old father of 4 who's now content sitting on the rock n roll, 12 months I wasted on the weasel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The game has changed completley.
Soon plastering will be a thing of the past.
I havent seen a young or old lads on site for years only middle aged men who've got families to see too.