One Coat Render Question

Members online

Sydney1968

Hi
Recently moved into a new house which has an off white single coat sprayed on render (not sure of the exact product- could be Parex). I’ve noticed that after heavy rain the render takes an age to dry, particularly near the bottom of the walls on the elevations sheltered from the sun. Photo attached which was taken 2 days after heavy rain/sleet on the North elevation.
I’d welcome advice on firstly if this is normal for this type of product and secondly if there would be benefit in applying some sort of waterproof coating to preserve the appearance of the product. I’m concerned that I might fairly quickly see mould growth on the elevations sheltered from the sun.
Many thanks.

Attachments

• B64F667A-3678-42CB-91FD-3855609DF4D0.jpeg
    B64F667A-3678-42CB-91FD-3855609DF4D0.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 338
Let it dry out and use a premium sealer like Stormdry. Sorted.

Thanks Rossi. Just looked it up. Looks relatively expensive stuff but also looks easy to apply and a lot less expensive probably than having to clean walls regularly.
I see they do a tester. Might get that first to see if it changes the look of the render which I wouldn’t want as it does look good (when dry !)

Is that a expansion bead on the gable? Looks like it is in a funny place!

Yes, that is an expansion joint on the gable. I think there are actually two on each side elevation. The house is bigger than it looks. The elevation you can see with the expansion joint is actually 11.5m and expansion joint probably not around centre due to presence of windows and doors.