One coat on plasterboard

Put 2 half coats.

Seriously though 2 coats is quicker than one

Agreed, easy enough to get a top notch finish 2-coating. With 1 coat you're just arsing about dodging problems like scrim or beads poking through (IMO). May be OK for small areas in domestic when you aren't pushed for time.

Interested to know if anyone regularly one coats (by hand)?

Agreed, easy enough to get a top notch finish 2-coating. With 1 coat you're just arsing about dodging problems like scrim or beads poking through (IMO). May be OK for small areas in domestic when you aren't pushed for time.

Interested to know if anyone regularly one coats (by hand)?

I tried it recently and came to the conclusion they leave it rough. Too much work and filling with fat with one coat not worth the hassle

I cant do it . Find it easier to two coats . Seen it done though. But if ye starting a new job doing summet that your not used to might not be best idea

Funny ha ha

It's not much more complicated than that. Dub out as @zolco said then get it on real quick. Needs to be wet IMO as you've no first coat to kill the suction. Needs to be fast as the usual problems with uneven drying/setting due to draughts and cold/warm patches are going to bite you twice as hard.

Then go back to 2-coating :confused:

1 coating even on board I think is just a pain in the arse

I've tried it on small areas that just get lobbed on with the second coat like anove doors and stuff.
I found it always brings the fine grit to the surface.

Just as quick if not quicker to 2 coat really. Why arse about trying to save time when it doesn't really

One coat or two set mind to be at one with the plaster
Feel it, be it , if know what I mean
f**k off hippy.
4667456407_e80d4af2e5.jpg