One coat and sponge??

Members online

Yeah no good to me . Though lately I.ve been flattening second coat super neat . Letting it pull right in then running brush on wall. Comes up sweet as . Need to stop wasting time with plastic

Ive always always once sets picked up use a splash brush and wet the wall in front of the trowel and cross wet trowel etc.

Imo the finish is far far superior like that.

I can honestly say though john if you was shown how to use a sponge float properly you would be impressed admittedly you might not always use it but very very useeful knack to have especialy on old f**k*d walls with varying depths and skim and suction rates.

Ive always always once sets picked up use a splash brush and wet the wall in front of the trowel and cross wet trowel etc.

I can honestly say though john if you was shown how to use a sponge float properly you would be impressed admittedly you might not always use it but very very useeful knack to have especialy on old f**k*d walls with varying depths and skim and suction rates.
Just had enough of changing methods . Not even gonna try a sponge. Speed skins in trowel graveyard. Max is collecting dust in van . 13 inch nella though need to get another ready as I think this is now two sharp and gets tiny chips

That's the first ever useful comment on sponge use I've heard

Just had enough of changing methods . Not even gonna try a sponge. Speed skins in trowel graveyard. Max is collecting dust in van . 13 inch nella though need to get another ready as I think this is now two sharp and gets tiny chips

Anything plastic imo is piss & wind and a waste of time.

Your better off adjusting your timings and touching the wall 3 times timed right than 5/6 times just because you can as using daft trowels/gizmos!

I went crackers at couple of lads working with me last summer we went from beading,scrimming,loading powder & water, bits of ruffing, boarrding etc inbetween trowels to touching walls every 5 mins and getting f**k all prep nor producing anymore metres just fannying about with gizmos!

Even the ancient Egyptians used to two coat ffs if you can read it even shows how on the back of the bags
Also says use water sparingly and back of PVA says apply plaster to tacky not dry lol

It gives you an even keel in a difficult situation/wall !

Dry is better as it emulsifies anyway, slides on tacky , depends on the job , on the day ! Imo John
Dry is easier but don't agree with it as good a bond as tacky
Imo it's for amateurs lol ,

I think I better go to sleep now
Look forward to a list of those who agree
Night all , I think I've overdosed on Brexit lol

Your better off adjusting your timings and touching the wall 3 times timed right than 5/6 times just because you can as using daft trowels/gizmos!

Agree . I even think I.ve rushed things knowing i can pull it back going over it a few times with plastic .

Every now and then if I’m really really bored I’ll mess about and sponge some walls. It makes the plaster nice and “creamy” good to flatten in. Can’t stand washing the sponge out though. Seen some brilliant skimming with the sponge and some not so good. Never really got the hang of it myself with the timings.
I have been using a normal sponge latley only when you finished trowling up and it changing colour only on beads corners and if I see any inperfection. I just use it very lightly it seems to me to give it that finish nothing better than clean shiny beads and sharp corners