oldest plasterer in u.k. has died

Members online

No members online now.
I am 63 and sort of jacked in at 61 to care for my wife. When she passed away during lockdown, I bought a bike and got out, loved it but missed the lads and the work but I certainly didn’t miss being in business!

I drifted back into it and ended up working with a great set of lads doing rendering up to Christmas then in the new year the usual New Year slump.

I haven’t done plastering for 30 years but I have kept myself busy re plastering my sons new house but on a two days on one day off basis because of a wrist injury which contributed to me stopping plastering. But I enjoyed it all, new ways as well, using speed skims and 50/50 bonding and multi on artex, ruled off flat then second pass flattened with the speed skim plus other new found skills.

While ever I can do rendering and a bit of plastering I think I always will just to keep myself occupied and with the company I get on with. But also for the first time have some ‘me time’, on the nice days bugger off on my bike or go hiking.

rip Gordon x

I am 63 and sort of jacked in at 61 to care for my wife. When she passed away during lockdown, I bought a bike and got out, loved it but missed the lads and the work but I certainly didn’t miss being in business!

I drifted back into it and ended up working with a great set of lads doing rendering up to Christmas then in the new year the usual New Year slump.

I haven’t done plastering for 30 years but I have kept myself busy re plastering my sons new house but on a two days on one day off basis because of a wrist injury which contributed to me stopping plastering. But I enjoyed it all, new ways as well, using speed skims and 50/50 bonding and multi on artex, ruled off flat then second pass flattened with the speed skim plus other new found skills.

While ever I can do rendering and a bit of plastering I think I always will just to keep myself occupied and with the company I get on with. But also for the first time have some ‘me time’, on the nice days bugger off on my bike or go hiking.

rip Gordon x
50/50 is too much bonding mate.

50/50 is too much bonding mate.
Thank you Cockney, the guy that advised said 50/50 but then did correct himself and said maybe a bit less bonding. It was heavy swirl though.

I did have a wall to skim but the new door frame meant a 6mm skim so I did a 25/75 bonding and multi on the first thick pass then multi second and that worked fine. All experimental atm so I will do less bonding the next time dependent on thickness.

Beast to say everything was float and set back then done well to work into his 80s some people are just built stronger its definitely genetics he may of had viking blood like myself
Rip!
Norwegians have viking blood and look at them

Nothing as far as I'm aware, I just mean Norwegians are a far cry from what vikings were made out to be and they have more 'viking blood' than anyone
Every country has gone soft.
6D1F9B16-2AB4-4499-AA8B-385FD8F76AD4.jpeg

When I look at most politicians I just think briefcase that was weird at school! Had no friends was probably bullied and dressed up in mother's clothing while parents were out! That's what's running our country more or less :coffe: