Oldest house basher on site

Members online

At 36 I’ve noticed that just in general on site majority of people are younger than myself, all trades not just Plastering. Rarely meet guys on the tools over 45-50 . I guess the natural progression for most people is to get off the tools and have guys working for them. Was working with a plasterer a few months ago 55ish, very fast for his age but rough and totally brain dead, I just pitied him if I’m honest. I set myself a target of being out of the trade by 40 ......

At 36 I’ve noticed that just in general on site majority of people are younger than myself, all trades not just Plastering. Rarely meet guys on the tools over 45-50 . I guess the natural progression for most people is to get off the tools and have guys working for them. Was working with a plasterer a few months ago 55ish, very fast for his age but rough and totally brain dead, I just pitied him if I’m honest. I set myself a target of being out of the trade by 40 ......

We all said that pal!!!!

Just realised that sounds really bad what I wrote, if you enjoy the trade stay on the tools . Doesn’t mean you’re brain dead but this guy was thick as they come and I just felt sorry for him that he’d still be doing the same thing for another 10-15 years at least on top of the time he’s already served. Respect to anyone that loves it so much they carry on but for me I’m hoping to be done by the time I’m 40. Off the tools and out of the trade all together hopefully.

Just realised that sounds really bad what I wrote, if you enjoy the trade stay on the tools . Doesn’t mean you’re brain dead but this guy was thick as they come and I just felt sorry for him that he’d still be doing the same thing for another 10-15 years at least on top of the time he’s already served. Respect to anyone that loves it so much they carry on but for me I’m hoping to be done by the time I’m 40. Off the tools and out of the trade all together hopefully.

See you in 4yrs!!!!

What else is there to do?
I just love doing what i do [sometimes] and would you trust other bods to do what you do properly?

It's true tho. Had a spread work for me years ago who is older. I was 28ish he was 55. He had been doing it 30+ years and had f**k all to show for me. Imagine grafting for that long and having f**k all?

That alone made him bitter because I was young and doing well. he hated it. And he got lazy and nosey and I f**k*d him off. 900 a week cash he had. But the bitterness got the better of him, pathetic really. He's been pimped out for 130 a day now i hear.

There isn’t any mate , 35 40 or 50 imo we in prime time now, a few of my mates talk like this about packing it in or retirement at 40 as if there’s a better job out there I just look around at friends with normal jobs and think f**k that they look like miserable office zombies , all the bullshit politics of working in a back stabbing up there own arse company is definitely not for me
Even in traffic jams I look at people and think they look totally depressed going to there jobs

How old r u gobo. Every now and then I would get a job with a builder full time.but couldn't handle all the bitching u get on firms ect. And the way they'd tel u jobs gotta b done in a week and your on day rate. Mind u it was great for getting materials .

It's true tho. Had a spread work for me years ago who is older. I was 28ish he was 55. He had been doing it 30+ years and had f**k all to show for me. Imagine grafting for that long and having f**k all?

That alone made him bitter because I was young and doing well. he hated it. And he got lazy and nosey and I f**k*d him off. 900 a week cash he had. But the bitterness got the better of him, pathetic really. He's been pimped out for 130 a day now i hear.
Ugh (speaking from experience lol) I can’t stand people who can’t take responsibility for decisions they make in life!! Who think the world owes them something! If I see someone doing well I think good for you. People who get bitter are f**k**g weak

Ugh (speaking from experience lol) I can’t stand people who can’t take responsibility for decisions they make in life!! Who think the world owes them something! If I see someone doing well I think good for you. People who get bitter are f**k**g weak

Couldn’t agree more. On a job recently the lad is 20 n caked. 80k range. Loads of properties . Old
Joiner saying to me must of won lotto. I said try speaking to him. He knows everything about property investment.

Couldn’t agree more. On a job recently the lad is 20 n caked. 80k range. Loads of properties . Old
Joiner saying to me must of won lotto. I said try speaking to him. He knows everything about property investment.

At 20 he must of had help from bank of mum and dad though surely!

Don't think I had a matching pair of socks at 20!!!

Nearly Friday.
B942C3C1-0065-4060-8A05-88C6FBA6FB9E.gif