Old wooden corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KRISW1888

Went to price a job today and it has 3 wooden corners. Dont want to rip them out as I dnt want to bring half of the wall with it. Whats the best way to do these old wooden corners?

Its a curved wooden bead thats imbedded into the old plastered wall m8... The fireplace wall comes out and on both ends it has 2 horrible rounded corners.

Sounds like the wooden bulenose corners if u dont like them remove them and replace them with beads patch each side make good.

I'd rip wooden dowels out, then hard corner with s&c by using straight edge and two floats then put thin coat beads on

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App
why use sand +cement ?
use bonding and skim same day , use sand +cement and wait a day or two at least for cement to cure !
wrong answer Ryan for quick turn around

So easiest and safest way is to rip them out, patch them up with bonding coat, get bead on and then skim?

or you can put a relief margin up both sides of the bead the way it was originally done. up to the customer what they prefer, keep old character of the house or nice new sharp corners

U just said sand cement , aye take them out fill out the angle with bonding then skim , sand cement there would not be a good idea at all really ?

To much of a hit or miss imo....sometimes theyve cracked out, sometimes not?
So if the custy wants a square corner, explain and price accordingly:RpS_thumbup: its not gonna cost hundreds more, save the sore head of a call back:)

Status
Not open for further replies.