Old thread..jet black tc ??

Bigstevehammer

Hello ppl,

ive a client who want a jet black acrylic finish??,...sure I see here a while back someone who had done it??,..if,so poss help us out...can’t find it anywhere??

cheers

You can get black top coat but it will be mega expensive due to the ink that needs to go In it, you’d also have to apply a coat of protection on top, certain manufacturers call it by different names as when the weathers hot black will absorb heat as we all know and will cause cracking in the top coat and eventually will deteriorate. Is this going above dpc or below? If below use mosaic instead of silicone

Cheers mucky,it’s above dpm...it’s for walls on a drive way,it’s going to be a bit fancy gold railings etc as for an Asian family....I did think about heat absorbing etc,but thought I’d seen it here years ago.
I think the closest he’d prob get is a gun metal or ash grey??..failing that ..I was playing with the idea of using ocr and painting it in a silicone paint??...but then again I’m not sure if they would do it in black??
Tough one ;)

Cheers mucky,it’s above dpm...it’s for walls on a drive way,it’s going to be a bit fancy gold railings etc as for an Asian family....I did think about heat absorbing etc,but thought I’d seen it here years ago.
I think the closest he’d prob get is a gun metal or ash grey??..failing that ..I was playing with the idea of using ocr and painting it in a silicone paint??...but then again I’m not sure if they would do it in black??
Tough one ;)
Get money up front

I've done a few in jet black, the issue is as said it aborbs any heat so sets as soon as it's on the wall. Something else to bear in mind even if it's silicone I'd be sealing it with a Paraguard or something of that ilk, as it scuffs really easy.ive also done a few in anthracite grey that looked like black.

weve done few blacks. used Jub trend which has heat reflective technology (aparently).

dont use much water when floating up though
Yep one of ours was a jub system. cant be doing with dark colours mind the pigment is so strong it knackers all your tools.

20170411_140624.jpg

Thanks lads,he’s adamant the fella,it’s not my money.so???..
I was thinking about the external side of the walls as it receives heavy traffic,(busy pedestrian pathway)...so it would need some sort of protective barrier,...as silicone can be quite forgiving,20 kids hanging about of his corner will make short work of that...so he’s throwing barriers about etc lol..

tbf,it’s got walK away from it all over it,but..these ones can be the most gratifying when completed,you can’t always have it your own way I suppose...And,he ain’t a bad bloke if I’m honest..all be it a bit eccentric lol..

So...as with every client these days,everyone knows better than what we do,so I’ll be expecting some marvellous systems that we would in everyday struggle to do ha ha..
But on a positive note..the bloke is way out there,so the visions he will put in front of me will be shared ;)