Old skool v new skool

Members online

Ready mix finishing plaster not render
Ready- mix finish......all you'd need to do is spread it out nice and flat, with no chance of it setting until you open a tiny bottle of secret chemical, and when the chemical gets going like a cloud of dry- ice....the plaster sets immediately! Boom!........

Or affordable ready mixed plaster in buckets, has that ever been a thing?

Sigma self finishing plaster is ready mixed in rubber bags, you just pour it into a big bucket take what you need then place a piece of board over the top of the bucket as the plaster sets on contact with air.

Sigma self finishing plaster is ready mixed in rubber bags, you just pour it into a big bucket take what you need then place a piece of board over the top of the bucket as the plaster sets on contact with air.
Is it any good

Is that not a spray plaster? Can you trowel it up or do you have to sand it?
Certainly got me thinking.....

Is it any good

very good.
we applied knauf/gips gold band to float out heads and legs, thin coat angle beads, all electric and pipe chasers. then one coat of finish just apply as it is self finishing, brush internals. it dries white the next day.
the walls are built from wallpaper blocks, a smooth concrete block , dove tailed joints, with ceramic tile adhesive used as mortar. party walls built with dove tailed gypsum plaster block, green block for wet rooms, pink blocks for soundproof rooms and magnolia blocks for other areas. no plasterboard it is a thing of the past. ceilings are all concrete slabs. you can either skim the whole wall or just skim the joints in the blocks and the floated areas.
can be applied by hand or G4. it is not a gypsum based plaster,

Is that not a spray plaster? Can you trowel it up or do you have to sand it?
Certainly got me thinking.....

hand or spray plaster. not gypsum based. no sanding, it is self finishing. it is just applied, bring a blade or a splat over it, brush internals. sets on contact with air.
British building methods are not up to a higher enough standard for this type of plastering.

I have no problem using either, I do find nowadays people get finishes with less water marks/patterns in than mine but when I see their walls painted they look shite, like the trowel was too soft to flatten the wall