Old plasterboard

luke105

Whenever I skim on plasterboard that’s been erected a long time ago by not yet skimmed....it always pulls in harshly. Is this because the plaster between the paper has gone out of date? Or because the boards have perhaps picked up dust over time.
I’ve always assumed it’s out of date but never bothered asking anyone else to confirm

Whenever I skim on plasterboard that’s been erected a long time ago by not yet skimmed....it always pulls in harshly. Is this because the plaster between the paper has gone out of date? Or because the boards have perhaps picked up dust over time.
I’ve always assumed it’s out of date but never bothered asking anyone else to confirm
It’s because there’s no moisture left in the board and sucks like a 2dollAr whore

No I know how to prep it. I just want to know why it pulls in so quickly.
i think as rich says it dries out, i would use a steam stripper to peel off paper then give it a good spraying let it dry and repaste paper next day.

I always call the fire brigade, hose it right down

What on earth is that comment about peeling the paper off?!
I woudlnt pva plasterboard or even wet it down. Think you’re asking for trouble there.
Lol , please enlighten me as I'm not typing a page or two covering irrelevant Ott principles