Old fashioned NHL 3.5 Finish on farm house

Status
Not open for further replies.
We go all over the place... no money in the north east... to many 2 week course lads working for £60.00 a day and turning s**t out... I cant compete with them rates but thats what the public want... I have been in the business for 35 years now and have never priced a private job and got one... the customers dont want to pay VAT to begin with so I just now really work for people or companies who want an experienced legal company who backs there work with a gaurantee... but before you have a big debate amongst yourselves... i have never ever had a come back on any of my work... with the exception of once about 30 years ago when dashing a gable... to ssa labourere got mix wrong and it came off... but re did it and got paid.... ;)

Why did the customer want lime symmo? ok the house is very old but its not really in keeping with the upvc windows from 1999.

P.S. nice comb over in the first vid

i havent either .....................................spunky systems suck i dry you tube coonts :-*

merlin said:
why scratch in s&c and top off with lime? , what benefit is in that?
thats what i thought it had to be hydraulic lime system straight from the blockwork thought the two didnt go together

madmonk said:
merlin said:
why scratch in s&c and top off with lime? , what benefit is in that?
thats what i thought it had to be hydraulic lime system straight from the blockwork thought the two didnt go together
theres no benifit what so ever might as well have s&c in two coats.

most of the house was limestone block solid wall construction, the rest is blockwork with cavity, the customer wanted the house to look exactly the same right around but was on a budget, so on the blockwork walls we just scratched with sand and cement as its a lot cheaper than NHL then we topped all the house off with NHL this saved the customer anoy £900.00 on materials ;) ;) ;) :D

Where do you get ur nhl from mr rs I just got a load from maisons mortor in edinburgh and was impressed with the price .

im lazy i aint read the thread but what finish is that .. is this the lime u can have in a tub and mix or lime u made out of materials? and what scrach coat was that looked like sand and cement?

oasis said:
im lazy i aint read the thread but what finish is that .. is this the lime u can have in a tub and mix or lime u made out of materials? and what scrach coat was that looked like sand and cement?

I get my lime pre mixed to exact measures it comes in a sealed bag with a seperate sealed bag inside that containing the lime, just chuck in mixer and perfect every time, and yes some of the house was scratched with s and c and some scratched with NHL reasons above

even if they did, they have to be for twenty minutes adding water slowly not sure if a machine would mix it in the same way ,

Lime would go through no problem, i have been to Ty Mawr in Brecon and tested their lime renders and plasters and they all went through fine, I also tried their "Glaster" product and that went through fine aswell.
Then i have used the l*m*-g***n products and st astiere lime, fair do to the st astiere lime base coat it was applied at over 80 mm in some areas in one day, The average thickness was about 35mm for the base coat, it was left for a while and there were no cracks to talk about pretty impressive stuff if it weren;t so damn expensive.
Its on our website www.jonesplastering.com on the rendering page at the bottom. Have a peep belive me the substrate was all shapes

no, as i said we left it for a week or more and there were hardly any cracks, we soaked it twice a day for about 3 days

Status
Not open for further replies.