offered a job for £

Status
Not open for further replies.
75 a day doin effin scrubby council houses bath and kitchens poorly prepped with tons in the way you know a nice steady as you go number NOT the thing is he has 5 or 6 decent spreads working for that in those conditions i despair i honestly do .i worry for the future for my kids i worry i cannott provide not sure a 56 year old 30 years experience in a trade shud be like this it sucks rant over cheers

Having seen councill workers in action - £75 per day should work out at £150 per meter squared.

yeah crap of the crap work that, most of the houses smell aswell, bet the good spreads wont hang around long

Mate now is probably the time to retrain,put ur trowel to bed.
You could retrain in so many things...... do something more intersting less stressfull or fu ck i n g easier.
A friend of mine just gave up the trowel and went on a lorry driving course it cost him £800-900 i thinks now hes got a job for walkers crisps driving a lorry for £12 hr and as much o/t at double time as he wants.Not a fortune to work for but easier than skimming all day long. He pulls in around £430 a week after tax.Gets a pension after working 6 months paid holiday and as many bags of crisps as he can get in his boot,and most important hes HAPPY well happier !!!

i've always wanted to be a man with a van. delivering useless s**t all over the country. random.

rockhardsolidplastering said:
75 a day doin effin scrubby council houses bath and kitchens poorly prepped with tons in the way you know a nice steady as you go number NOT the thing is he has 5 or 6 decent spreads working for that in those conditions i despair i honestly do .i worry for the future for my kids i worry i cannott provide not sure a 56 year old 30 years experience in a trade shud be like this it sucks rant over cheers
Christ your not on Grange park are you, did some resi bar ceilings on there years ago what a fooookin horrible place

no wirse revoe area of blackpool it truly is the pits
pftmonojetman said:
rockhardsolidplastering said:
Christ your not on Grange park are you, did some resi bar ceilings on there years ago what a fooookin horrible place

Alot of people are still busy were flat out not trying to rub any ones nose in it so dont take it as a dig weve just been fortunate this time last year we couldnt buy a job this year has gone the other way. I have also worked for the council doing bits on estates in my darkest hours :( people couldnt see through the fact i was just a sub contractor and assumed i was the council and would have a go about how long they have been waiting for this work to be done when i had only got the job sheet that day so i dont think i would ever go down that root again, we did just recently get a tender for a load of work in cheltenham on an estate 2 years worth of work if i would of thought about it i could of passed it on to oasis but we threw it in the bin.

I've semi hung up the trowel, just bought a windy cleaning round thats worth £1800 every 4 weeks, gonna build on that and do the odd plastering job, its s**t round my way.

Bumhair said:
I've semi hung up the trowel, just bought a windy cleaning round thats worth £1800 every 4 weeks, gonna build on that and do the odd plastering job, its (german word) round my way.
Youve just earned a karm point for yer name mate! :D :D :D

I'm with you rockhard. 41 and stuck in slum estates working for crap money
but theres nowt in the north east. The 5 day merchants and cheap labour have
screwed our trade. Up here spreads are starting too be seen as fancy labourers.
Is this what i spent 3 years at collage for, invested a fortune in tools and transport,
not to mention the years? Ive been rewarded with a knacked elbow and a pittance
at the end of the week I'm supposed to be grateful for.

Silverback said:
I'm with you rockhard. 41 and stuck in slum estates working for crap money
but theres nowt in the north east. The 5 day merchants and cheap labour have
screwed our trade. Up here spreads are starting too be seen as fancy labourers.
Is this what i spent 3 years at collage for, invested a fortune in tools and transport,
not to mention the years? Ive been rewarded with a knacked elbow and a pittance
at the end of the week I'm supposed to be grateful for.

where abouts in north east?

Bod said:
Alot of people are still busy were flat out not trying to rub any ones nose in it so dont take it as a dig weve just been fortunate this time last year we couldnt buy a job this year has gone the other way. I have also worked for the council doing bits on estates in my darkest hours :( people couldnt see through the fact i was just a sub contractor and assumed i was the council and would have a go about how long they have been waiting for this work to be done when i had only got the job sheet that day so i dont think i would ever go down that root again, we did just recently get a tender for a load of work in cheltenham on an estate 2 years worth of work if i would of thought about it i could of passed it on to oasis but we threw it in the bin.

HAHA sorry thinkin out loud!

I live in Whitley Bay but work in and around
Newcastle flynnyman. I'm looking to get into
machine plastering due too bad tennis elbow. On
pills etc from hospital but nowt works. Looking
to get a Ritmo. Just saving the pennies.
Unless skimmin2day needs help?

silverback. every been in the hairy lemon? we were on tour kickboxing in whitley bay when i was a kid and always remember going past it. never got in unfortunately!

i think this is what the private members forum should and could be used for passing on leads or jobs or whatever, i got a decent job off ebuild about 3 yrs ago and got about 6 mnths out it over all, the private forum keeps it kinda in house, just a thought

steve_cov_spread said:
silverback. every been in the hairy lemon? we were on tour kickboxing in whitley bay when i was a kid and always remember going past it. never got in unfortunately!

Yes mate i have been its a bit of a dump though. Its dark and dingy
but there's plenty of jack and danny there at the weekends.
Come to think about it someone told me today it was a lezzie bar so maybee
thats why i never pulled there, Duh! :-\

theres four years of that decent homes stuff going on in herts at moment. £80 a day before tax for plastering a kitchen. so anything has got to be better than being a plasterer at moment

£80 a room? Is it on a price? Can you do 2? £80 a day, it's not good, ressesions over boys, poles have gone back, demand will pick up!!! s**t it's got to!! :mad:

nah mate a struggle doin 1 you have to picture the jobs cant be arsed typing it all out but believe me 1 a day tops
ziggy2 said:
£80 a room? Is it on a price? Can you do 2? £80 a day, it's not good, ressesions over boys, poles have gone back, demand will pick up!!! (german word) it's got to!! :mad:

I did the same work bout 5 year ago for Amber Valley Council, patching after sparks n window boys, drossy houses n skeggy people, I've been there mate and I feel for you, we wouldn't take a cuppa off alot of the tenants!! Just reread DCS post, I misread it first it first time round!
When me n my mate were on it we were being paid £110 a day, 7.30-4pm, they seem to have us by the balls! :mad:

Wrong side of town for me silverback,plus its quite down here at mo.Im scratching around doing shi tty little jobs for peanuts that id turn away from 2 year ago.

I did 3 months before christmas in liverpool doin the same for seddons £12 an hour takin home £365 a week workin in houses with smack heads, puffs, gays, and strays effin shite!!! Easiest work ive ever done and the cash was welcome bumped it up doin a couple of jobs each week. Not gone back after christmas picked up some new houses

A mate asked me to help with 5 bed house today.
Board all the lids and skim the whole house so
looks like things are picking up.
Feeling a bit more optimistic today, start
of the economic recovery? Well mine anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.