off work today

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevmc

off work today having roblems with rota and staters where using webber ocr tiling grade .worked off and on doing a few thousand meters in the last couple of month . no problems but now av done 3 rotors and staters in in 3 days doing b between 120 and 160 m2 a day . not just my machine either there as putzmiester getting used by lads on the books there only doing about 70 meters a day and the same is happening to them .whats going on lads .also only walls that are left to do is the referb work its going on 50 to 60 mm thick so it has got to be fired on with machine or i would have just got the old hawk and trowel out again used pft twister d63 and putzmeisters same thing happening .could it be differant batch of gear to course dont think so myself just dont understand contractor doesn,t want to supply anymore roters and staters till prob is sorted i cant afford to hang around to long .dont get me wrong i want to finish it for the guy but whats the answer any ideas lads

Not that big on machines and their techy probs, but could it be your puttin the gear on too thick to try and cover the extra thicknness your trying to dub out , so effectively if you reduce the amount of water used at the mixing stage the rotor n stat is workin over time and again at the pumping stage it's workin a hell of a lot harder to force the mats along the slanger and project on to the walls ?? maybe.

some machine man will come along and rip the arse outta that theory now !!!!!!

Im off work today lovvvving it ,got 2 work 2mrw tho second saturday in a row.Going to give my van a sort out now

no warrier the walls where its 50mm thick where going to be done in 3 hits or so we hadnt even got to those walls everything we have done so far was new blockwork

try a d 5-2 rotor and stator from les also he does one with a clamp that can be adjusted or an injector which fires the water in to mix it better i think the one with clamp is a 4-2 they are made from silicon

cheers grand think i might be starting for les in week or so jobs in manchester will give him a call

d5-2 stators are nice and soft i had problems with ocr a few years back and basically it was cos although the material seemed ok to use and spray it was actually to stiff , with ocr it needs to be wet almost to the point of rolling down the wall spray a first pass then go over it again, it picks up really quick, that could explain why your shredding rotors and stators so quick ,

thats how ive bin spraying it stuart nice and wet 2 passes but cant understand how its just started happening now after doing it for months with no probs spoke to les about it he mentioned changing the mixing shaft to a light wieght one but i cant see what that will do . i will try the differant stater fingers crossed cos i need 2 get this job finished so i can move on

the other problem you may have is the set up of the machine may be slightly wrong if your getting too much water in the mixing pot it can splash up and create dry materia bridging over the mixing shaft therfore not always letting enough powder in to be mixed this can give the effect that the rotor has gone , the other thing and i'm guessing i'm going to right on this one is weber may have changed the aggregate in the material i know of people having the same problem with there monocouche , in which case changing to a D4-2 (clamp) rotor and stator should sort the problem out

also changing the mixing shaft to a lightweight means it has a bigger paddle on it to push the material down into the mixing pot. what machine are you using kev

its a utiform quattro they had a bad press acouple of years ago but only because of the bloke that was selling them giving no aftersales same as a g4 really

kevmc said:
its a utiform quattro they had a bad press acouple of years ago but only because of the bloke that was selling them giving no aftersales same as a g4 really
No sh't sherlock ;D ;D ;D

cheers lads will have a tinker with it and see how it goes. looks like ive got aload of acrylic work to do so think maybe machine getting rapped up for winter but then again who kvows whats round the corner

its a good chance its going to be sto classic so i i would need a swing or similar i think cheers anyway grand

Status
Not open for further replies.