Off the scale

Members online

Pl plastering

I must of had 20 calls/enquires over 3 days..domestic only..its fair to say me being a greedy b*****d I've only secured 3 tho,one job wanted a box room skimming (walls only) said no probs,£360..said no thanks,somebody skimmed our master bedroom walls and ceiling for £260..people are deffo on the scrounge

Its definitely very busy and I think it will continue as less people move and work from home and make improvements. Won't be lads coming into the trade for a few years after this, it will be too much of a struggle. So supply and demand will be on our sides too.

Just keep the prices high all...whether you need the money of not.

Its definitely very busy and I think it will continue as less people move and work from home and make improvements. Won't be lads coming into the trade for a few years after this, it will be too much of a struggle. So supply and demand will be on our sides too.

Just keep the prices high all...whether you need the money of not.

I agree...and just to add being in a position of supply & fit at the moment and all the hassle that it's become is a reason alone to increase your rates.

I agree...and just to add being in a position of supply & fit at the moment and all the hassle that it's become is a reason alone to increase your rates.

We have just finished a rendering job and getting general sundries was a nightmare...click and collecting while on site. Wickes are a joke, had a huge pile of click and collect print outs and didn't contact me...went in and asked what the f**k they were doing...10 of them standing around with a pile to be picked...told them trades need items within 5 minutes and to sort it out...how thick are they? They need one person picking constantly.

We have just finished a rendering job and getting general sundries was a nightmare...click and collecting while on site. Wickes are a joke, had a huge pile of click and collect print outs and didn't contact me...went in and asked what the f**k they were doing...10 of them standing around with a pile to be picked...told them trades need items within 5 minutes and to sort it out...how thick are they? They need one person picking constantly.
Fit right in at Jewsons.

Iv just priced a job the guy bin let down the boards are there I said I will board room and airless plaster £550. Said was to much some guy gonna do it for £150. I told him to crack on. No bullshit within a day he rang me the plasterer ran out of plaster halfway across the ceiling do you have any we can buy. I said yeah got 50 bags of airless he just needs a £6k sprayer to finish the job .

Ran out of plaster halfway across ceiling omg why do people want someone who obviously isn’t a plasterer doing there work, They won’t ask some random guy to work on there car if the mechanic was too expensive but would quite happily sit in a house with s**t finish

Ran out of plaster halfway across ceiling omg why do people want someone who obviously isn’t a plasterer doing there work, They won’t ask some random guy to work on there car if the mechanic was too expensive but would quite happily sit in a house with s**t finish
You'll be surprised mate theres some right tight bastards out there