OCR WEBER whats your way??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get W OCR quite smooth but you will not get it as smooth as finish plaster because of the aggregates leaving scratches.

on ocr i bar to get flattter than flat or flatish depending on the mood but when there is still some life in it and then rub it up or just leave the fine texture for them - some peole like it. on mono i bar in the rubbing back process.

I used to float ocr with a polyfloat and sponge to be finished with either paint or texture but Stumonkey told me on here he was I sectioning and then i tried it never polyfloated since except for on very small stuff when I want to get off, if you want it smooth just get a wet spongefloat over it after you I bar
Do you have it a little prouder than the beads when you spat like mono if you're going to I bar it pal?

OCR in winter is best rendered late in the day then I section next morning then rub up. Mega flat and smooth if you want it smooth.

will try this I section during summer and see if it works. Southern Monkey Render (Stu) does it so should be ok.

OCR in winter is best rendered late in the day then I section next morning then rub up. Mega flat and smooth if you want it smooth.

will try this I section during summer and see if it works. Southern Monkey Render (Stu) does it so should be ok.

Fair play rigs to have the nuts to leave over nite.
I personally would never leave sand & cement for that long though the temps down my way are very different yo yours.
I would just treat it as normal render and get on early and stay on and rub up same day

Seen that dot & dab geezer do it on his you tube vids. Think he used to be on here..... Oasis maybe? Looks a good way to do it

Bit a bit today ,old brickwork, painted with rend ais, ie red grit a week ago, beaded this morning, lovely stuff to stick beads with even on concrete lintels.scratched it with stiffish stuff, snatched this,then seconded with softer stuff. 11 bags in all, level with normal straight edge,then speed skim, then floated ,then sponged,finished up nicely around one o clock or earlier, then banged on to concrete block, four bags total, , finished that by three,beats sand / cement hands down so far.. Obviously I need more experience with it, but happy for now...

Just sprayed a barn in Pickering , first pass with mesh bedded in second pass flattened in with trowel and spatular. Rubbed up with sponge float . Looks mint

Seen that dot & dab geezer do it on his you tube vids. Think he used to be on here..... Oasis maybe? Looks a good way to do it

He was called oasis you right and that's how he does it I know because he emailed me asking about it and I told him do it that way

Southern monkey told me do it that way years ago and we have ever since.

Works really well

Did a krend job today. Small wall 2.8 x 5. I did hp12 scratch coat day before and went over it today with colour. Bearing in mind it was real hot today and the wall was in the sunlight all day. I I sectioned it then hit it with serrated float to finish. Half way down the wall I could see a join mark in the finished wall. Must have been between mixes as one took a little while to be brought up. Pissed off massively! scrapped it off and am gonna do again on monday, never had this with krend before, can only put it fown to the hot weather. Anyone else had this happen? If do what can prevent it? ?

Did a krend job today. Small wall 2.8 x 5. I did hp12 scratch coat day before and went over it today with colour. Bearing in mind it was real hot today and the wall was in the sunlight all day. I I sectioned it then hit it with serrated float to finish. Half way down the wall I could see a join mark in the finished wall. Must have been between mixes as one took a little while to be brought up. Pissed off massively! scrapped it off and am gonna do again on monday, never had this with krend before, can only put it fown to the hot weather. Anyone else had this happen? If do what can prevent it? ?

Get a bigger mixer or machine apply!
That's a tiny area tbh. You could have done that on your own with one mixer full (belle type) on the board, one in the barrow and another in the mixer.
Takes a while to mix in a mixer tho in my experience.

You just need get it on a tad faster.

Problem with hand apply really.

Breaks in the process lead to this type of thing happening, especially with krend as the mixing process is long if using a paddle whisk - mix it stand it mix it again faf faf etc.

It would take longer to mix krend by hand for this area than it would to put it on the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.