ocr spray

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like the problem with the ocr spray was down to tiny pieces of rust coming from the water pump and collecting in the cone filter mesh, back on mains again - no probs

Keep to a butt John. Mains might seem better until someone draws water off the same mains supply then you are in the $h!t.

looks like the problem with the ocr spray was down to tiny pieces of rust coming from the water pump and collecting in the cone filter mesh, back on mains again - no probs

You should never run off the mains mate unless the tap is right in front of you. Your just asking for problems, people turning the tap off to fill buckets, traffic running over the hose. If run from the but with a ball cock attached then its always full and if some idiots does something to the supply then you will have at least a butt full of water to use while your someone is sorting the problem out. Also check your filters every day

It is a good idea as well that before you start spraying make sure the labrador has turned the water on to the butt! Got caught on than one last month. :RpS_blushing:

Mains is great and does away with all the pump stuff....just make sure the washing machine ain't on, baths etc.

Are you lads using the butt on its own or with a water pump? The pump we've got doesn't have an automatic cut off so keeps going when machine stops...think John thinks that might cause us problems with water being forced in when not switched off straight away!

John could be right Moe, the water will get warm in the pump too and vary the pick up time of render, or plaster particularly, this can lead to colour differences in finished panels, best get a pump controller.

Are you lads using the butt on its own or with a water pump? The pump we've got doesn't have an automatic cut off so keeps going when machine stops...think John thinks that might cause us problems with water being forced in when not switched off straight away!

I have noticed this on my pump. The water gets warm when not pumping. Can't be good for the render. Tell me more about these automatic pumps? I think L&D had a discussion about this not long back.

Blones walks into the room.

by the time the render has gone down the pipes and hit the wall and sat there for 2 mins its no different

the water deffo gets warm, but i was talking to blonk the other day and we thought that possibly due to the rust particles building up in the cone the same water was going in put through a smaller space giving higher pressure than with a free flowing cone with less pressure but same volume anyway.

We are going to set up a big water butt also (in addition to having a small one with pump and alternatively to that - running off the mains) this way we are equipped for every situation

keep the noise down moe

the pumps don't last as long either without shutoff. Have a look at the AV3000, she's a beaut

just pull the plug out john put back in before you start again or turn the genny off

its right,the filters do need a regular clean. I was suprised how much crap comes through but Les did say that they would need checkin every day. all sorts of s**t comes through the water mains i didnt even know existed

yeah mine has. very handy. we worked off a big water sontiner the other week. after one spray the filter was completly clogged with black gunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.