OCR and Tyrolean.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy2

Without sounding thick, how well does OCR do with a tyrolean finish? Is it compatabile and how long would you wait to finish? Couple of days to dry then blast it?

well as ocr is sand and cement in a bag it would be fine and no scratch coat needed

after you use ocr you wont use sand and cement again but remember go for 8mm or 10mm beads otherwise it will cost you.

Isn't it about 1m a bag finished and £6 a bag, costs in materials but done in a day so save on labour (or your price just got a lot better!!!). I've got some render and tyrolean patching to do next year, also on a chimney stack and I was thinking of using this to save myself some time cos I can't justify 3 days labour for the job opposed to 2 with OCR, hence the post, never hurts to ask.

deffo mate if you can mix it easier etc jobs a good un
bod i had to take 6 loads of rubbish out from 2 days.........err at least its not our materials ;D

spunky said:
deffo mate if you can mix it easier etc jobs a good un
bod i had to take 6 loads of rubbish out from 2 days.........err at least its not our materials ;D
I was working with a bloke last year and he was boasting how he was doing 3 bag sets and how he 2 coated every thing..............trying to imply that we werent lol........ but every set he did he threw a bag a skim away ;D The dudes we were working for realised what he was doing and got rid of him.

grand wizard said:
well as ocr is sand and cement in a bag it would be fine and no scratch coat needed
Why is no scratch coat needed ?, What makes it exempt from a scratch coat ?. Asking because never used it before.

its a pre blended polymer product it is designed for One Coat Rendering-(OCR) and various backgrounds. no need to stage the srength like sand and cement plus no wateproofer should you or shouldn't you problem. it will go on nice and thick where as S&C is just to heavy and cracks. just add water and your off....

what are the setting times ??? how does it rub up??? how much are materials compaired with ordinary s/c ???

thanks rich

I've been looking into Ocr and the mono for use next year and if you go to the Weber website they list all their products and give full instructions on use, prep, coverage etc...makes interesting reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.