Obsolete tyzacks

Members online

richyrich

What's this all about? I had my favourite trowel nicked from a tool box left on a job so I thought I would take the opportunity to replace my other 2 tyzacks but have been informed by spear and Jackson that the 2 trowels I want are no longer in production!!! I know I haven't got a chance in hell of replacing the nicked one as it was a centenary I had given to me 27 years ago by an old boy I helped out for free, rest his soul. Had the other 2 for about 16 years, I think my next two will be the last I get now as age is not on my side, can't see myself plastering after 60

:( gutted I hate tool thieves the cnuts.
I'm down to my last 30 year old original unused centenary.
shame I've not got 2.
20160908_192203.jpg

20160908_192704-1.jpg
20160908_192505.jpg

Trowels seem s**t these days, permashape! What's that all about? soft grip handles and cheap stainless steel that loses shape so easily.
Just my opinion, some love em, I don't.

I know a guy has one of them unused in his garage i will see if he wants to give it to me so i can pass it on
Much appreciated but I couldn't possibly except it, its a shame tyzack can't do a limited edition of these trowels again,

It's the Sheffield steel they used back then same with chisels my dad's old footprints are razers and stay that way for ages even chopping through shite my new ones make me want to cry after an hour

Much appreciated but I couldn't possibly except it, its a shame tyzack can't do a limited edition of these trowels again,

they do come up on ebay now and again. i sold a unused double shank ,red handle tyzak on ebay got a good price.

Feel for you mate, tool thieves are scum. Try maybe 'Ebay' for old 'Tyzack's', I think the new ones these days are made by 'Spear & Jackson'.

if carlsberg made trowels..............

13"x 4.5" double shank, medi flex, cork or wooden handled, high carbon steel, riveted ......no sticky stuff....no plastic.