OAP Discount

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance. If they were half as bad off as they made out you would not see thousands off them coming out the bingo every night!!

And to seal the deal tell them they can only have the 10% discount if they sign today ;)
Otherwise the one in the rocking chair gets it ;D

done a job for a old boy who reckoned he was a pilot in the film dam busters should i of given him discount?

roughas said:
done a job for a old boy who reckoned he was a pilot in the film dam busters should i of given him discount?

well if I was you I'd have asked him how he set the trim controls in that Lancaster bomber to allow a constant altitude on the bomb run and if he couldn't answer that then I'd have told him full price mucker ;D

well im going to be an OAP soon 13 years and counting.... anyway as to the discount... NO... if they live in a council house... the council will be sorting it... if they live in rented... then the landlord is responsible... if they live in a freehold property then they must own it... so they should be able to afford it... if they are in a home then they wouldnt need you and the home/government will have all the dosh from the sale of their house.
So just think about it... discounts should be given to hard working young family's who dont get benifits and pay their way... just my thoughts... but thats the way i see it... to many old codgers pleading poverty, with the od 1930's roller in the garage... :( and before you lot start... i have an old merc :) or 2

Render Systems said:
well im going to be an OAP soon 13 years and counting.... anyway as to the discount... NO... if they live in a council house... the council will be sorting it... if they live in rented... then the landlord is responsible... if they live in a freehold property then they must own it... so they should be able to afford it... if they are in a home then they wouldnt need you and the home/government will have all the dosh from the sale of their house.
So just think about it... discounts should be given to hard working young family's who dont get benifits and pay their way... just my thoughts... but thats the way i see it... to many old codgers pleading poverty, with the od 1930's roller in the garage... :( and before you lot start... i have an old merc :) or 2

So in 13 years you will stink of piss?

barryed said:
Render Systems said:

So in 13 years you will stink of (french word)?
no way newbie... i use plenty of cologne

barryed said:
Render Systems said:

So in 13 years you will stink of (french word)?

There was definately a bad smell when he said about chargeing £15 m2 for screeding :D

i dont offer a discount. couple of local rivals offer an OAP discount. or a discount for work done in the month ahead. its just bollox. add 20% to the price, knock 20% off as the discount, and hey presto. you'd have to be a complete fcukwit to fall for this. my barber offers an OAP discount, though. but i've stillgot twenty years until i qualify

No! Just tell em it's 10% off & charge the same ;D
They're loaded mate!!

You couldn't offer a discount Lee, you don't work for OAPs. I wonder if that poor little old lady in King's Heath is still waiting for you to turn up? :RpS_crying:

You couldn't offer a discount Lee, you don't work for OAPs. I wonder if that poor little old lady in King's Heath is still waiting for you to turn up? :RpS_crying:

Lol, the fat lesbian who had a moan about you parking on the path :RpS_lol:
Bit far for me to go to hack off 1.5 m2 & re do in render & skim like :rolleyes)

Last edited:
Let's no be kidded, oap's have more money than us, why should they get a discount?

Have to agree
No kids
Pensions
No mortgages
Too up benefits

I love old people but as for discounts no chance

Would rather give a discount to a hard working poor family

I don't give discount to anyone, why should we?
Charity begins at home :RpS_thumbup: no one helps us out if we're sitting at home without a job to go to due to customers messing us about, or bad weather, or if the van breaks down & costs £££'s it's a business not a charity, feck em feck em all :rolleyes)

Charity begins at home :RpS_thumbup: no one helps us out if we're sitting at home without a job to go to due to customers messing us about, or bad weather, or if the van breaks down & costs £££'s it's a business not a charity, feck em feck em all :rolleyes)

sounds like a good Yorkshire answer :RpS_thumbsup:

Rates are basically worked out at wages plus material currently. So it doesn't get any cheaper.....everyone is on discounted rates so to speak.

Before the recession when you had a little more in a job a discount for OAP was allowed but its cheaper now for supply and fit than in 2005.

Maybe in a couple years. New Recession looms in parts of Europe currently. Hopefully we will remain on track for a long time yet

Too true.

It doesn't happen the other way does it? No one pays extra because the bloke doing the work is over pension age, so there shouldn't be a reduction because the customer is.

Dont offer oap discount.....but do give them a lift up to the bank:RpS_thumbup:

they love a wee run in the van:RpS_wink:

They ring you up if you're 25 seconds later than you said you'd be, make luke warm cups of tea because they forgot they'd put the kettle on half an hour since, have a piss when you're skimming the bathroom out (some of them even USE the bathroom!), talk you to death in the middle of a set, moan about the cold cos the door's open while you bring the gear in, boast about their free bus passes and all that Xmas fuel money then plead poverty!!!! Fuk them, add 20% for the inconvenience :RpS_thumbdn:

Status
Not open for further replies.