Nvq3 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterroberts

Hi Lads, few questions, got the guy coming out tomorrow for the on site assessment for this, just wondering what hes going to want to see/ask, not sure what I need to take with me, and trying to get them to tell me is harder than getting blood out of a stone, wouldnt mind, only getting it as most of the jobs now are asking for it

so any help would be gratefully accepted

thanks in advance

not sure if this is the right place for this to be

HI......just go with your normal gear and most important your snap ! If its anything like what we had done he will take photos of your work and watch you work.......he will ask questions and there will probably be some form filling. Remember he is there to help you gain your level 3 so be relaxed hope you see this in time !

he will probably want to see a variety of work.. ie. dashing, cornice work, screeding etc.. i think nowadays its just an exercise in getting money from ya, dont worry mate.. just answer his questions and fill the forms in.. good luck.. I know one assesor and hes got a full 8 years plastering experience..lol..

he will probably want to see a variety of work.. ie. dashing, cornice work, screeding etc.. i think nowadays its just an exercise in getting money from ya, dont worry mate.. just answer his questions and fill the forms in.. good luck.. I know one assesor and hes got a full 8 years plastering experience..lol..

He'd be waiting for years to see me doing anything other then skimming and bit of render ive still to this day never had a call for screeding or cornice must be great to have some variety lol!!

zombie:RpS_thumbsup:

Hi Lads, few questions, got the guy coming out tomorrow for the on site assessment for this, just wondering what hes going to want to see/ask, not sure what I need to take with me, and trying to get them to tell me is harder than getting blood out of a stone, wouldnt mind, only getting it as most of the jobs now are asking for it

thanks in advance

Hi PeterRoberts,

Are they now not letting you on site with nvq2 mate???

Zombie:RpS_thumbsup:

The nvq2 would be all you would need to obtain a cscs card, why would you need the
Level 3?.
Whose asked specifically for the level 3 mate?

The nvq2 would be all you would need to obtain a cscs card, why would you need the
Level 3?.
Whose asked specifically for the level 3 mate?

Gulp!!! ive only just sorted out level2 so I can obtain cscs card....don't say they now want 3 aghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Not as far as im aware, level2 should be sufficient,
If they stopped handed em out willy vanilli to idiots, and just gave em to people who could actually do the job, the nvqs might be worth something, as it is they may as well give em away in a cereal box.

remember to take ya sponge float, speedy, plazzi/s*p*r*lex and just one coat it.......................:RpS_thumbup:

theres been a few places that have requested level three nvq, one was for the police believe it or not, was doing the stations and the houses etc, and the most recent knockback was with Lovell, wou;dnt mind but father in law had his flat done up by them, and the plasterer must have been on a 1 hour course let alone 2 day work was terrible , anyway im pleased to say that all the worrying is over now passed with flying colours thanks again for the help

I had the drawings for a few houses the other week and you needed a gold cscs card to even take it on and render bender needed the same a while bAck so don't be shocked in 12 months if that's what they are asking for

theres been a few places that have requested level three nvq, one was for the police believe it or not, was doing the stations and the houses etc, and the most recent knockback was with Lovell, wou;dnt mind but father in law had his flat done up by them, and the plasterer must have been on a 1 hour course let alone 2 day work was terrible , anyway im pleased to say that all the worrying is over now passed with flying colours thanks again for the help
@peterroberts So what did they want to see? And how did you manage to pass with flying colours after one visit?

Last edited by a moderator:

thanks in advance

how ow much did the l3 cost pal? And who did you do it through? Cheers

I had the drawings for a few houses the other week and you needed a gold cscs card to even take it on and render bender needed the same a while bAck so don't be shocked in 12 months if that's what they are asking for

one of my sons was telling me that from next year those with a labourers ticket will not be working as tradesmen. they will have to pay extra to get a full ticket.

You probably have a point flynnyman, I suppose theres a load of nvq asessors out there With less and less to assess. And by forcing everyone to do a pointless level3 will provide jobs for the boys for a bit longer.

Got the level three through the experienced worker route, basically you have to prove you have worked as a plasterer for over five years minimum, provide details of jobs and testimonials from customers/ previous building companies, past copies of risk assessments, and method statements, also be able to provide details of other trades that you have managed to bring in to jobs/ joiners electricians etc, have photo evidence of work that you have done the list goes on and on, the place i did mine through was Mortimer enterprises in Liverpool cost £740

He wont want to see cornice or floor screeding as its not mandatory in the NVQ, however it can be an optional extra.
Here is a link to the Cskills qualification http://www.cskills.org/awards/qualifications_and_courses/construction/ViewSection.aspx?q=QUA840&s=2 have a look at the mandatory and optional extras. Its easy pal im an assessor and theres not many who I sign up who dont qualify and the main reason for not qualifying is they "go missing"

He wont want to see cornice or floor screeding as its not mandatory in the NVQ, however it can be an optional extra.
Here is a link to the Cskills qualification http://www.cskills.org/awards/qualifications_and_courses/construction/ViewSection.aspx?q=QUA840&s=2 have a look at the mandatory and optional extras. Its easy pal im an assessor and theres not many who I sign up who dont qualify and the main reason for not qualifying is they "go missing"
So it's not a quality thing then, I take it as long as they can just about do it, then you'll pass them regardless of how rough they are.
Or are there some minimum standards of quality they have to achieve? .

So it's not a quality thing then, I take it as long as they can just about do it, then you'll pass them regardless of how rough they are.
Or are there some minimum standards of quality they have to achieve? .

Of course were looking for quality i wouldnt just pass someone if theyre sh@t It wouldnt be fair and I would be discrediting the system, but I make sure before I sign someone up that they are able to pass by way of observation and professional discussion.

we seem to be getting asked for it a bit more as a stipulation when tendering on sites,
subbies that work for us next year will need to have a gold cscs, I tend to avoid site work, but a smaller developer has asked us to have it with all operatives.

I'm sure they will Flynny there not going to miss out on the chance to get another 900 quid off very subby

Status
Not open for further replies.