nvq2

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Scott

It all depends on you, if you've got experience etc then you could do the NVQ via the OSAT route. As to the NVQ yet again this depends on what you want out of it due to lots of units that you can pick & choose from. Best thing to do is contact a local training provider or college that delivers plastering and have a chat with them.

hi scot,just wonderin if you got your city n guilds cert yet.?I gotta find time to go n sign bit paperwork before it even gets sent off so it looks like im gonna have a bit of a wait meself! :(

gave up on that 1 mate thats 1 ov the reasons am thinking bout going to do my level 2 theres no point having qualifcations if you cant prove youve got them av never known a bigger pisstake they need to get their heads out ov their fookin arses :mad:

to right they do...good idea to get the level 2 tho mate,like to go that way meself but not got the time right now.the missus is due to drop in 3 weeks n i decided to rip down the ceiling and go back to brick in the babys room last weekend!managed to board the ceilin out same weekend tho n gonna finish whole lot off next week in spare time. so long as i can fit big boards up my micro staircase! :-/

Cant guarantee this but I also think that if you've got your C&G they will not accept it for your qual towards the cscs card unless you've been an indentured apprentice. Sorry if I'm wrong by the way but I'll try & check in the morning and get back to you.

See below for an email received.

To obtain a CSCS Card as a Plasterer you will need to complete the operatives Health & Safety Test and you will also need to hold a NVQ Qualification or have Apprenticeship Papers within the trade, if you have your indentured apprenticeship completion papers and your City & Guilds Certificates you will be able to apply for a plasterers CSCS Card, we do not accept City & Guilds Qualifications without evidence that an apprenticeship has also been completed.

If you do not have any the above mentioned qualifications but have around 3 - 5 years experience you can apply for an Experienced Worker CSCS Card. This card will be entitled to you for one year, this card is not renewable, and during this year one of our on-site assessors will come out on site and assess your work so you can achieve the relevant NVQ Qualification. Once you have achieved this qualification you will then be able to apply for the full 5 year skilled card with your NVQ Qualification that you have achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.