Nvq.

mike84

What’s the easiest and cheapest way of getting your Nvq? Can’t you get someone out to site to see you actually plastering and they pass you.

I think you can but think it cost a fortune to get assessed on site. When I was at college there was older lads who were good plasterers but had no college qualification. So they had to go through process like the apprentices. Obviously they didn't have to do most of the stuff in college as they were competent, mainly written and getting pictures on site.

All you need to get on site is to fail a drink and drug test.
giphy (2).gif

OSAT is quite common. Its how I got my pointless piece of paper... proves bugger all and i have never been asked to show mine....

In my opinion the qualifications these day mean absolutely nothing. I have met "plasterers" that are level 3 qualified but cannot do s**t....

Proof is in the pudding

OSAT is quite common. Its how I got my pointless piece of paper... proves bugger all and i have never been asked to show mine....

In my opinion the qualifications these day mean absolutely nothing. I have met "plasterers" that are level 3 qualified but cannot do s**t....

Proof is in the pudding
Where can I get some of this 'pudding' please mate? It seems to hold the answers to so many questions.

Proof is in the pudding
Agree I.ve no qualifications at all....................... ..................just leave that there lol

Different for different trades
I got my plastering one for free when gordan brown was prime minister and at the time the labour govt was chucking money at these types of things.
I did an on site assessment which consisted of a spread who worked for a college watch me do 3 jobs.he did paperwork and got the certificate few months later after I did the cscs test.

We do a bit of bathroom fitting and plumbing now so looked into the osat for that. Was told you needed a level 2 equivalent qual 1st before you can do osat in plumbing. So I had to go to nite school and get my city and gulds a d pass all the exams. Now I've done that I can now apply to be assessed on site or on domestic jobs to get the nvq2.

Think I was quoted £900 so plastering one would prob be the same. Not sure if I'll bother as had to shell out for the college course as it was something I always fancied and tend to just do little domestic jobs

When we did ours it was a complete joke, means f**k all but sadly on some sites needed so needed to be done!

What a nvq is that them things you have to collect tokens each week out of newspapers? City and guilds bitches!

I spent 3 years at college, as I was only 16 I had to do the “full time “ course of 2 and a half days a week with all the muppets who had been told you can’t leave education so they just got put into any trade there was space. Was ridiculous, 20 odd students but only 3 wanted to be there. The qualifications haven’t done anything for me, learnt more on the job