Number 1's .

It has just struck me how many holiday pay babies there are already in this thread me included :LOL:

So what was playing on the old gramophone that year?

in the early 50s, all i can remember it was the time of the big bands, like billy cotton and singers from the films like Doris Day, Bing Crosby, they did not even now what some american singers looked like.
as a teenager we had the 60s sound and the best time for a young person to be alive. we could get the train to London for a £1, we would go there a couple of nights a week, the smoke was still alive in the early hours.
return to Colchester it would be dead at 10pm just a couple of drunk squaddies roaming about.

Johnny mathis?? When a child is born??? Wot a load of old tosh i dont even wana put a link up its dogshit!!! And i was so exited it would of been much better on the day i was brought into the world:bananahappy: no wonder im such a miserable c**t!!:bailando:

Johnny mathis?? When a child is born??? Wot a load of old tosh i dont even wana put a link up its dogshit!!! And i was so exited it would of been much better on the day i was brought into the world:bananahappy: no wonder im such a miserable c**t!!:bailando:
If you could have hung on until January the 9th you could have had this, m8!

Crocodile Rock...Elton John 1973

Gutted! Stevie Wonders Superstition was the one before and Killing Me Softly the one after...