Novolit wood wool boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Popular with Lime Renders and I believe that K rend do a render that you can put on it! You see it a fair bit at exhibitions with the "green" emphasis, but don't tend to see much being used......

Loads of movement, waste loads of render just to get a smooth face....... Also, just how long will that timber last when you put say 12 - 15kg / m2 of render on it?

I have just changed a regional house builder away from using it.......... Insurance co's on new builds (such as NHBC, Prem Guarantee) run a mile!

What is the application and what render type......

Heraklith is the more common brand name..... comes from the same supplier in Wrexham.......

Like I said before... if it is for a Lime render system, fair enough.... anything else walk away.

Also check what warrantees they want.

Flippin eck tucker. I got a 2 story bay to render ( rest of the house is block) using monorex. Better ring that guy

Popular with Lime Renders and I believe that K rend do a render that you can put on it! You see it a fair bit at exhibitions with the "green" emphasis, but don't tend to see much being used......

Loads of movement, waste loads of render just to get a smooth face....... Also, just how long will that timber last when you put say 12 - 15kg / m2 of render on it?

I have just changed a regional house builder away from using it.......... Insurance co's on new builds (such as NHBC, Prem Guarantee) run a mile!

What is the application and what render type......

I must say I was shocked by what he was wanting to clad the building with. I had emailed a rep from Weber regarding this and the reply was a NO NO! ,pretty much as I had suspected.

The developer is is looking for the cheapest route , typically they always are. I suggested the Knauf exterior panel with a Weber MT system or similar,stating this was the only route to go if he wanted a system that would perform in that scenario.

Let me know if I can be of assistance Mark - send me the details of the developer if you want (and thw weber contact you deal with).

Always keen to help someone win a project and do it right!

rlord@knauf.co.uk - or call me to discuss 07918766577

I've been using lime hemp putty on the solid wood wool boards like in your link. There is basically zero suction in them. Big chance of a decent depth coat sliding on them unless it was sticky material.

Just had to join in on this one.
Novolit boards have a proven performance in over 80 years use in all climates, with the boards manufactured to European Norms.

Regarding render, Baumit Render Systems have a standard spec for these type of boards!
If I can help - give me a call 01978 664255

Status
Not open for further replies.