Not render but screed! Slurry....

Darren7

I have about a 1 metre square screed to repair (25mm deep), Im going to mix a 4:1 with sharp sand, adding some fibre and sbr.

It’s the slurry ( I will do a slurry) I want to know about, I’ve read that some people let it dry over night? and some do it tacky say 20 mins or something??. I know it’s a floor and not wall render, but a slurry is a slurry, what’s the correct method please.

Hit it while its still green/dark

If it starts to lighten you've missed the window.
Reapply again.

Slurry Mix - you can do 1 to 1 and 1 to 1

Sbr to water - cement to sand

Usually good enough
Alter it for extremes, i.e sometimes no sand needed or neat sbr if its damp concerns etc etc

You can go on and on with loads of mix designs.

Hit it while its still green/dark

If it starts to lighten you've missed the window.
Reapply again.

Slurry Mix - you can do 1 to 1 and 1 to 1

Sbr to water - cement to sand

Usually good enough
Alter it for extremes, i.e sometimes no sand needed or neat sbr if its damp concerns etc etc

You can go on and on with loads of mix designs.

Am I better to use integral waterproofer or sbr with the slurry? I saw an old post and a bloke called malc, said just use 1 part water and 1 part sbr and don’t use a slurry?

Thanks

Depends on the circumstance. Malc knows his stuff, as a sealer and a bond that'll work.

But if you're on about wanting render or screed to really bond you won't beat a slurry - it'll 'weld' to the surface if timed right with correct mix designs.

For adhesion - choose SBR over waterproofer.

Am I better to use integral waterproofer or sbr with the slurry? I saw an old post and a bloke called malc, said just use 1 part water and 1 part sbr and don’t use a slurry?

Thanks

you got it. SBR only lay screed while SBR is still wet. if the oversite is dry flood it.
no cement slurry. a cement slurry will dry faster then the sand and cement screed and may break key.