Not keen

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with permarock who have been specified and raised a few concerns with them about the insulation and potential cracking problems and they seem very relaxed about it as long as I follow their spec

If there is a spec for it rich i suppose you could just follow it and see what happens.although you are the one forking out for the materials and labour so are the only one taking the gamble on the job.

someone posted here recently they installed EHi over insulation and it all cracked within a few weeks

to be fair weve used ehi over insulation on a few projects on a bed of maitie and 355 mesh and mechanical fixings and never had any come backs, but ehi is a devil to use.

weber M1, monorex EHI, Monocouche TXF are all polymer modified scrape renders that can be specified over insulation but again I have yet to get good feedback. Only one guy I know that does work for me recons EHI is great with no risk but the same guy had loads of cracking issues with the m1 system. still seems its difficult to get a monocouch finish over insulation although all the small builders are installing standard Krend over all sorts of backgrounds of the back of what either krend or the merchants tell em.

I told a guy last week that i would not render his timber frame garden house with krend even via a hpx base and he insisted krend told him it was the spec so I got a lad to do it for him - big crack straight down the board joints....you just cant tell some

Rich if Permarock spec it and you follow the spec its down to them if it goes wrong as long as you stick to the install spec.

I guess as someones said above if its done to spec , your covering yourself.
the composition of ehi and weber m1 [the only minerals ive used] is totally different to standard mono and is a lot lighter and more flexible due to the vermiculite in them.
weve never had any issues with any of them and ive given demonstrations using EHI when I was involved with parex so ive had to stand by the suitability of it.
but ive heard bad reviews and feedback from all angles on the use of them of various manufactorers so hey ho.

weber M1, monorex EHI, Monocouche TXF are all polymer modified scrape renders that can be specified over insulation but again I have yet to get good feedback. Only one guy I know that does work for me recons EHI is great with no risk but the same guy had loads of cracking issues with the m1 system. still seems its difficult to get a monocouch finish over insulation although all the small builders are installing standard Krend over all sorts of backgrounds of the back of what either krend or the merchants tell em.

I told a guy last week that i would not render his timber frame garden house with krend even via a hpx base and he insisted krend told him it was the spec so I got a lad to do it for him - big crack straight down the board joints....you just cant tell some

Rich if Permarock spec it and you follow the spec its down to them if it goes wrong as long as you stick to the install spec.

k rend ? :RpS_lol:

K rend have told one of my builders that their mono is suitable for insulation with a hpx base

I insisted it was not so in the end he rang back up and was told he was misinformed.

Silly k rend helplines!

K rend have told one of my builders that their mono is suitable for insulation with a hpx base

I insisted it was not so in the end he rang back up and was told he was accidentally misinformed.

Silly billy on purpose accidently meant to tell small porks just so you buy it k rend helplines!

there you go fixed that for ya

If it cracks before you get paid there is no way on earth you are going to get paid on time or at all. Beware the spec. nobody likes.

I insisted it was not so in the end he rang back up and was told he was misinformed.

Silly k rend helplines!

Has Felix the Caribean cat moved from Weber to K Rend?

Back in the old days.....!, the spec was always phenolic, hp12, or similar, topped with Mono...nowadays you could never get it passed as a spec.

However, after saying that...all jobs that we have completed in the past with this spec have held good, and I'm talking 17-18yrs ago now.

A lot of scaremongering going on atm, application to spec is key I suppose....too many shoddy installations these days!

Plenty of shoddy installations.

Some contractors are going to get bitten in the arse in a few years. They had better be Ltd!

Status
Not open for further replies.