Not experienced plasterers labourer

Members online

Lewwwiss

I have a start on Monday being a plasterers labourer. I have no experience in plastering but I'm keen to learn. My real question is how physically hard is the job.. I've been fencing for 2 years so I'm used to digging holes carrying concrete posts knocking up concrete etc etc. I'm no stranger to hardwork but I'm just wondering how it compares in terms of physicality. Cheers.

You will be fine,it's not as hard as it used to be with the mixing drills available nowadays.Just be honest and say you want to learn and if the plasterer is anyway decent he'll be fair and give you a chance.Try and remember what your told,there's nothing worse than telling a lad the same thing over and over.Don't be too sensitive as expletives are normal,be on time,and keep everything clean.Best of luck.

Once u learn to get mixes right consistency you will be alright. Hardest work is floating, bucketing mortar upstairs,and the cleaning is quite heavy. Skim buckets are heavier but u don't need as many a set, floating can be almost relentless at times, but it's not too bad . Long as you don't have too many to attend u should be fine. When skimming mind n clean All up well, and skim off the mortar boards. Don't throw new gear up over gear still on the board from last bucket, make sure and scrape it well to the side of board if Plasterer doesn't move it for u etc. Don't worry long as u aren't afraid of work u will be sweet, not rocket science.

Once u learn to get mixes right consistency you will be alright. Hardest work is floating, bucketing mortar upstairs,and the cleaning is quite heavy. Skim buckets are heavier but u don't need as many a set, floating can be almost relentless at times, but it's not too bad . Long as you don't have too many to attend u should be fine. When skimming mind n clean All up well, and skim off the mortar boards. Don't throw new gear up over gear still on the board from last bucket, make sure and scrape it well to the side of board if Plasterer doesn't move it for u etc. Don't worry long as u aren't afraid of work u will be sweet, not rocket science.
Not as hard as fencing pal .its easy these days as said we have mixers

@Nicm advice is spot on. You sound like no stranger to hard work so you will be fine. Just be clean and tidy and don't stand around with your mobile in between gauges. There's always something to do if not? Brew up (y)