north compared to south??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones10

I was wondering if any1 know what work is like up north? As mrs wants to move up there,co Durham area, and what's going rate there asim sure it's alot diff to down south, cheers

just been to see a job in barnsley (north)

5 bed detatched new build board, d&d an skim labour only £1450

not sure what co durhams like but if its like anything else up here then stay down south.

thats everything, loading out, utility room, downstairs bathroom, beading up everything even supply own genny.

told contracts manager i couldn't make it pay and the reply i got was as though he'd caught me with his mother.

i thought it was 2 up 2 down timber framed (no dabbing) new builds for that which me and 2 spreads could bang out in a week my heart sunk when i drove onto estate and saw luxury 4-5 bed detatched houses for sale. im sat here head in hands looking for a different careers, this is ******* b*ll***s. drive 80 miles a day on refurbs for £10.00 an hour or do that s**t above.

Feck me 1450 for all that!! Tuff times indeed:RpS_scared:is that lids aswell?

shite thats taking the pis* and they want a nice job feck off stay down south at least you can understand what they say down here.
and its warmer also we dont abuse whippets and pigeons, Herons come to think of it! :RpS_lol:

mate of mines a plumber up north and he has a nice house and hes comfortable for work but his idea of a good days wage is alot cheaper than a days collar down here, but cost of living is cheaper so it evens its self out in that respect

a good plasterer can earn 150 pound a day on a day rate.dont know site charges.loads of work for good plasterers.loads of eifs contracts too.can easy get 300 pound for a 4x4m room skimmed.a lad i know is working for local housing company and charging 230 pound a day.even the dodgy ones are charging 100 pound a day.i dont own a whippet or a pigeon neither.

thats everything, loading out, utility room, downstairs bathroom, beading up everything even supply own genny.

told contracts manager i couldn't make it pay and the reply i got was as though he'd caught me with his mother.

i thought it was 2 up 2 down timber framed (no dabbing) new builds for that which me and 2 spreads could bang out in a week my heart sunk when i drove onto estate and saw luxury 4-5 bed detatched houses for sale. im sat here head in hands looking for a different careers, this is ******* b*ll***s. drive 80 miles a day on refurbs for £10.00 an hour or do that s**t above.

might sound harsh but do something else then, lifes to short. treat it like any other business if you wernt making a living from it, you wouldnt carry on with it.

Might have to owls, not through choice.

I am making a living, but I don't have mortgage or kids to support. Would anyone here take that on for 1450.

Is that day rate price haf cos it seems canny cheap. Did a 3 bed tedium in sunderland a couple of weeks back for a couple of grand labour only.

Might have to owls, not through choice.

I am making a living, but I don't have mortgage or kids to support. Would anyone here take that on for 1450.

i would want that sort of money to skim the ceilings. they are just taking the pea.

i was talking to a builder the other day who just had a silly quote from a window company run by eastern europeans and he said to me watch me cut him down again, as though it was a joke. he did and we went up the pub.

Thats silly money. No way. Just skimmed out a 4 bed student digs for 1800 labour only and that was cheap as chips for the builder....
Work is coming in so far (I'm in Sheff) but I'm only ever three weeks in front maximum.

LUXURY 4-5 bed detatcheds and they want the whole house boarded and skimmed for THAT?

Thats ballax. Who are these idiots? Are people really working for that? I guess someone is.

Honestly lads, I don't think I can name them on here but I'll pm you Ceevee as your near by and will have heard of them, Rotherham based.

I'd be happy as a pig in s**t with £2.50 p/m skimming

I'll get on blower tomoz. Keep plodding on

I got a text from Rullion (agency) on Monday. They needed a patcher in stocksbridge sheffield for a week. Must have cscs card.

Position might not be filled, try them tomorrow morning. 0113 2903200.

shite thats taking the pis* and they want a nice job feck off stay down south at least you can understand what they say down here.
and its warmer also we dont abuse whippets and pigeons, Herons come to think of it! :RpS_lol:
but they use fncking dogshit and tell the customer its plaster!! fncking clay :RpS_lol: get ya sen t africa ffs!!

no you just talk bollox all the time!!

mac do you want a job :RpS_lol: ill pay you peanuts you sound like a monkey

Barnsley north :RpS_lol:

but they use fncking dogshit and tell the customer its plaster!! fncking clay :RpS_lol: get ya sen t africa ffs!!

no you just talk bollox all the time!!

mac do you want a job :RpS_lol: ill pay you peanuts you sound like a monkey

Barnsley north:RpS_lol:

on the newkie already nps :RpS_lol:

Cheers dannymac, I'll see what's about first prob try agencies next week if nowt comes in. Got few domestics to fall back on.

Nps, cheers mate but I done my time carrying the old boys

ill pay you more than 1450 to do a full house and it wont be a 5 bedder!! how much you want??? 1450 :RpS_lol:

where you live mate?

you live in 1451 or youd work for 1451? 1451 :RpS_lol: so youd do a 5 bedder in 5 days?

just been to see a job in barnsley (north)

5 bed detatched new build board, d&d an skim labour only £1450

not sure what co durhams like but if its like anything else up here then stay down south.

Fkinell you would want that and more for the bedrooms never mind the rest. ***** offering those rates want bummed, unless they like it. I'm just so pleased that I don't need to work for bast^rds like that, I would spit in there face if they offerd me that sh!te. Fk me I'm angry. HOW THE FK CAN THEY EXPECT ANY QUALITY OUT OF THAT!!!!!!

Ano bubs it's feckin shocking! The builder won't be strugglin,he's gettin the fat end of the wedge, and pushin others further down the thin end,, pricks :RpS_cursing:

Status
Not open for further replies.