non suction float and magic cement sponge

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott.beaumont

seen these new floats from ireland called non suction anyone used one? also seen magic cement sponges on ebay anyone used them before? Whats the finish like?

Also why would anyone buy a non suction float which are no doubt expensive due to being 'revolutionary' when you can buy a normal float and drill some holes in it. I did see a video of someone using those black plastic floats on render. I thought they were for hardwall etc. You used one nicholas?

All you can do is buy one mate and if it's shite then it will live in the back of the van for evermore.

the magic sponges are good for floating thick basecoats when still proper wet ready for a thin top coat( we machined it on in one coat and ruled and floated straight away instead of I sectioning it when much firmer) Tried the orange ones at the same time and they tore it up too much. Not sure on a finish for s&c tho

Also why would anyone buy a non suction float which are no doubt expensive due to being 'revolutionary' when you can buy a normal float and drill some holes in it. I did see a video of someone using those black plastic floats on render. I thought they were for hardwall etc. You used one nicholas?

countersunk holes in my float when bored a few months back

the magic sponges are good for floating thick basecoats when still proper wet ready for a thin top coat( we machined it on in one coat and ruled and floated straight away instead of I sectioning it when much firmer) Tried the orange ones at the same time and they tore it up too much. Not sure on a finish for s&c tho

have you tried the stucco slicker yet darran

nope not yet but am still chuffed at having a new tool with such a cool name as 'stucco slicker'. For some reason I had 'the slinky' in mind :RpS_biggrin:

Blonesys best kept secret....the holy grail of perfect render technique, a tool so rare and coveted that knowledge of its' mere existence is only entrusted to a select few who dare to do battle at the next level of which giblets application form is being processed

Status
Not open for further replies.