Non painted plaster

LPS

Hi guys after some advice. Been asked by a builder to skim a kitchen and bathroom and then give the multi a waxed finish. Client doesn't want it painted just waxed. Has anyone ever done/heard of this? I have suggested venetian but client is adamant that this is the finish he wants.
Thanks

@LPS We did a job once . When we went back I said to builder them walls have dried perfect. They had painted it same colour as dried plaster

Seen it before where someone put a clear coat oil over plaster. Think I looked crap personally but they liked it

Hi guys after some advice. Been asked by a builder to skim a kitchen and bathroom and then give the multi a waxed finish. Client doesn't want it painted just waxed. Has anyone ever done/heard of this? I have suggested venetian but client is adamant that this is the finish he wants.
Thanks

I've seen it a few times on mace construction sites

huge health gyms
it was a feature wall
1 in London Doncaster and Aberdeen
just polishing and sealing the walls

this used to be possible years ago with multifinish plaster, used to be able to take all the fat out with excess water and leave it looking like glass, literally polished, but there is too much fat added to the plaster these days so it's not possible anymore, you could try.
keep washing and troweling it with lots of water after it gone off.

Thanks

Firstly aoid PVA as the finish. It'll yellow over time as it's useless against UV, also not great if it gets wet.

Try someone like Mike wye for a wax finish, and buff it in.

I've had wax put on my work and also an oil, small feature sections though.

Looked ok if you like that sort of thing.

Firstly aoid PVA as the finish. It'll yellow over time as it's useless against UV, also not great if it gets wet.

Try someone like Mike wye for a wax finish, and buff it in.

I've had wax put on my work and also an oil, small feature sections though.

Looked ok if you like that sort of thing.
linseed oil