no wonder coarsers get criticised

Status
Not open for further replies.
aint plastered for a few weeks but i agree i prefer to do lids but if u cant do them there something wrong lol I HATE rendering avoid it like the plague love tyrolining though

Average double bedroom would be going on in one, anything much bigger would just leave a wall out.

So, an average master bedroom would be about 3.6 x 3.6 m2.

So, you have about 8 bags on whilst stumbling over the scaffold or constantly taking your clowns stilts off and on?

Lets not forget the reveals & tricky bits.

Our 15 bag a day hero takes a load of flack ... while you get away scottie free?

BULLSHITTER!

So, you have about 8 bags on whilst stumbling over the scaffold or constantly taking your clowns stilts off and on?

Our 15 bag a day hero takes a load of flack ... while you get away scottie free?

BULLSHITTER!
do some maths before you go off on one

Hate that word Lid ,it is a ceiling ,has always been a ceiling ,a lid goes on a jar , rant over :RpS_blushing:

BULLSHITTER!
Not sure what sort of plasterer you are you dopey pr! Ck.
But a room 3.6 x 3.6 is 45m2 less openings about 3 and half bags of multi.
An absolute piece of p!ss to have out in one set you must be some proper useless c**t if you think this is unachievable.

Picked a copy of pro builder magazine up today in keyline, and their advertising a 4 day tiling course.. taking the piss... what chance have we got if a construction magazine is advertising this sort of stuff.. wankers...

Picked a copy of pro builder magazine up today in keyline, and their advertising a 4 day tiling course.. taking the piss... what chance have we got if a construction magazine is advertising this sort of stuff.. wankers...
b and q are doing a you can do it course 4 hour intro to skimming lol motherfuckkers

I had to learn how to use a hawk and trowel first before I got anywhere near a ceiling or a wall
i used to trowel up with my boss following me giving me **** and i would just take gear off the board and stand then juggle it aronnd on the hawk/hand board/thingy

Average double bedroom would be going on in one, anything much bigger would just leave a wall out.

when I was 19/20 on site I would do this and actually enjoyed it. completely different story now I do domestics. will do a double bedroom in 2 easy hits. the joys of carpets. skirting boards, switches sockets and coving lol

i got some info from my local collage yesterday about the nvq for painting and decorating thinking it can be done in the pathetic time that a plastering nvq can be done........
nvq level 1 36 weeks, nvq level 2 36 weeks, nvq level 3 36 weeks thats 2 days a week so thats 43 weeks to get qualified level 3 painter or 8 weeks to be a plasterer :RpS_confused:

Jessop. College is just part of the training ground . Always has been always will be. I agree with you I had to learn to control the hawk and trowel (note not a board as posted on here). Then I got the cupboard and a foreman with a lath hammer , straight edge and a sheet of thin cardboard. If he could get it behind the rule off the plaster came. Did some fantastic cupboards before I saw a wall or ceiling. What is wrong here is not the college courses but the lack of plasterers/ company's that will take on and train the wannabees. the lads take these short courses and know no different , they are convinced they can hack it out there.

Jessop. College is just part of the training ground . Always has been always will be. I agree with you I had to learn to control the hawk and trowel (note not a board as posted on here). Then I got the cupboard and a foreman with a lath hammer , straight edge and a sheet of thin cardboard. If he could get it behind the rule off the plaster came. Did some fantastic cupboards before I saw a wall or ceiling. What is wrong here is not the college courses but the lack of plasterers/ company's that will take on and train the wannabees. the lads take these short courses and know no different , they are convinced they can hack it out there.
i agree with you but my point is why is it a 3 year journey with painting and decorating? the info i got is all classroom days no work placement.

plastering should be treated with the same attitude as painting? training wise.

Last edited:
The problem lies outside mate placements with firms and plasterers is what is lacking. So the kids go off and chance their arm

Jessop. There are all sorts of plastering courses out there from a few days, years part time, weeks etc The core course for plastering for level 3 is based over 3 years with placement. the problem is placement. You can spend all the time you like in college but unless you are very good you will need site experience.Colleges need plasterers and company's to supply this

Jessop Do you have level 1 and 2 then? Is the course 8 weeks full time or part time?
this is 8 weeks intensive for a beginner
i do not have nvq i would like to get it but the nearest place is 2 hours away
i was site trained every spread round here is the same due to lack of collages offering the training to go with the trade

Status
Not open for further replies.