no wonder coarsers get criticised

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

hector

started 2 ceilings today 1 ceiling approx. 12x12, and other ceiling doing on Wednesday approx. 15x14, all boarded no carpets down,no furniture , plaster all supplied a nice straight forward job, happen to look in one living room and there must have been 30 multi and 6 bonding there, thought that's a bit to much plaster for these ceilings, because I am quick you know, then customer tells me his son is a plasterer got all his qualifacations etc etc , but and this is where he got me, he said he did not want to do the ceilings as he did not have the confidence to do them, but he was going to skim the walls, and had completed all his coarse work, now I try and see an argument from both sides and I know they are and quite rightly at times get a lot of criticisim, when this kind of thing happens I wonder at times,

I got a start years ago doing a load of flats, their supervisor wanted me to start skimming all the lids and another of there gangs who apparently "Don't do ceilings, will come and do the walls". What?.
I said can't do, or won't do ceilings?. He told me to take my pick.
Told the big fat pr!ck to jog on, I do the whole unit or none of it.
He was adamant they were only going to do the walls so I told him to shove it.
Very Strange setup.

They are just like cats that want all the cream!
I would have told him that his son won't get very far avoiding ceilings all the time. Ta-ta!

Hahaha its the same when I hear lads who've been plastering years wont render ..... Is that like a joiner who cant hang a door or scribe skirting :huh::RpS_lol:

did he do a course or did he go to college?

Lots of the college lads cant do ceilings :D
danny, it was a course, but regardless I mean a ceilng, nice straight forward job, they should really call it a day if they cant do a ceiling

Is hector same person as dave the dog?
no afraid not ryanswart, I like dave the dog ,he cracks me up with his threads, cant decide if he is a master plasterer taking the mick out of us all, or hes dave the dog, hopefully he will pop up on this thread and give us his views on life the universe and everything

[You had to bring my name into it didn't ya QUOTE=scottie5;753608]I got a start years ago doing a load of flats, their supervisor wanted me to start skimming all the lids and another of there gangs who apparently "Don't do ceilings, will come and do the walls". What?.
I said can't do, or won't do ceilings?. He told me to take my pick.
Told the big fat pr!ck to jog on, I do the whole unit or none of it.
He was adamant they were only going to do the walls so I told him to shove it.
Very Strange setup.[/QUOTE]

no afraid not ryanswart, I like dave the dog ,he cracks me up with his threads, cant decide if he is a master plasterer taking the mick out of us all, or hes dave the dog, hopefully he will pop up on this thread and give us his views on life the universe and everything

I bet dave has no problems at all with ceilings. :)

He might be afraid of heights! :)
As for rendering, if you have been a spread for 25 years and done most things but decide you will give rendering (and screeding!) a miss from now on is that ok? :RpS_cool:

He might be afraid of heights! :)
As for rendering, if you have been a spread for 25 years and done most things but decide you will give rendering (and screeding!) a miss from now on is that ok? :RpS_cool:

good point james, I am in that situation now just do plastering now ,turn down outside work to be honest, done to much over the years,

You would think that.... I dont know why but a few people who have been to college said that they didnt have the confidence to do lids...

I prefer ceilings as well... but I spent about 2 years just skimming lids... day in and day out :D

I would do ceilings allday long in fact i prefer doing them

Same here, i'm actually quicker on ceilings.....

I had a job last year just skimming mf ceilings on student flats, each ceiling was roughly 8-12 m2 at 2.5 high. was doing 2 a set, 3 sets a day and done by 3 everyday....Could of done 3 a set, but was a nice rate......

I always hump the whole room on in one wherever possible, lid and walls together.
Much prefer working wet angles.

Same here scottie but if i could i would just do ceilings let some other fecker do the walls

Status
Not open for further replies.