No messhin about

Just wondering is mesh needed over concrete block walls when using mono? Personally I always base coat with mesh then top, but have seen a few lads just spray one coat on or spray a slurry on 1st then inbed mesh then go straight over with another coat. I’ve done a one coat once a few years ago and ended up with the mortar lines showing through. Any info would be appreciated

Just wondering is mesh needed over concrete block walls when using mono? Personally I always base coat with mesh then top, but have seen a few lads just spray one coat on or spray a slurry on 1st then inbed mesh then go straight over with another coat. I’ve done a one coat once a few years ago and ended up with the mortar lines showing through. Any info would be appreciated

there is a thread on here about this going in massive depth @Lox was involved as well.... very interesting...

Mesh needed to stress areas or where the spec says ! What thickness was your render to show lines ?