No lime.

Members online

essexandy

The Lake Governor
Ok guys something I never thought I'd do, ask you tossers a question about s&c rendering.
I've got just two days left to finish a job. Perfectly safe, no contact with anyone or anything that anyone has touched in days.
Problem is I just can't get hold of any hydrated lime. Have any of you clowns top coated without it? And more importantly will the render be ok long-term?
Nearly 40 years of rendering and I've never, not had lime in the top coat.
@John j your opinion is valued.

Ok guys something I never thought I'd do, ask you tossers a question about s&c rendering.
I've got just two days left to finish a job. Perfectly safe, no contact with anyone or anything that anyone has touched in days.
Problem is I just can't get hold of any hydrated lime. Have any of you clowns top coated without it? And more importantly will the render be ok long-term?
You tried amazon

an extra splash of fairy liquid mate (y) (y)

B&Q carry it, so collection or delivery from them may be possible?

How come your not using any of the bagged stuff like ocr etc ...?

I've not used sand and cement for years externally

there are 5 bags of lime for £25 pick up in Harwich. ebay no 174084359189

I've always used to use Cementone integral waterproofer, just half the dosage in the top coat. 4-1 both coats...been past many jobs I did 15 years ago and still looking good today.

The difference lime makes is unbelievable, I wouldn’t want to topcoat without it, plus you have the flexibility properties the lime brings for a topcoat. Think it’s best to leave it.

No ,

try an agriculture merchants andy they all stock it

Hmmm tough one, Personally I’ve always put lime in my topcoat mate. I wouldn’t risk it but If you’re going to go ahead with it then I’d just chuck some waterproofer in it and hope for the best! (y)
If it’s all scratched with waterproofer in then it ain’t gonna hurt to just let the job wait for now.

You’ll be fine with out lime we do a lot of s and c and the odd time get caught without it I’ve never had a problem

We don’t use lime at all in sand and cement just waterproof both coats, works for us and saves going to B and Q, unless you want to get lime putty delivered just don’t use so much, twice as strong as when in powder form

We don’t use lime at all in sand and cement just waterproof both coats, works for us and saves going to B and Q, unless you want to get lime putty delivered just don’t use so much, twice as strong as when in powder form
Cheers mate that's all I need to hear. I really wasn't listening to all these other chancers, but will take your experiences as gospel.

Cheers mate that's all I need to hear. I really wasn't listening to all these other chancers, but will take your experiences as gospel.
1585412617809.png