No angle tools

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't like to see really sharp internal angles on the older properties and it is more in keeping with the rest of the property when doing resims etc because the angle do get rounded off due to paint build up

Why would you like to see a twitched internall? If you put a trowel in the corner on its edge it would be slightly bent opposed to a perfectly flat hard angle and its crisper

no its not lol i think this is coz its not being done right....

the twitcher just pulls the corner in, you still go into it with your trowel and make sure its formed proper. just saying :flapper:

Cant believe that some people insist on using corner trowels as they think it is a better finish
I totally disagree reason being.

Whether you dab or float a wall we get the corners square then check with a square
Then why when we skim do you want to put a slight radius in a corner making it round.
i agree skimming opposites is much better and any one who says they can "twitch" one neater is very mistaken.

This is my own personal view and that of 2 other plasterers who now dont use them as they have been shown the light :)

lol, not using the tool right or right tool in first place, done right you cant tell diff. just sayin lol

lol wtf, you saying go round and plaster all the corners.....then go back and skim the centers and feather in all around!?!?!? i hope im reading this wrong.....
hardley the centres but basically yes.these newer corner trowels came from the states we only had twitcher types.it takes seconds whilst bedding scrim in to run a bead of mud up angles and run your butterfly down feathering the edge in .
having worked in the states for the best part of 20 years with some top spreads i now use this method and its full proof

of course i had the same stupid oppinnion as you before i had seen it done then i learnt not to be a primma donna, now adays im open to anything its never to late to learn.

Sorry rocksolid but that just ain't true. There were two side internal trowels as well as twitchers going back many many years.
My old man had both in his tool bag, the twitcher he'd had made for him by a mate out of stainless (way before you could buy stainless) whereas the internal looked ancient and hardly got used.

I think some peeps may be using the marshall town trowel which is 103 deg i think and this is a dry lining tool not a plastering tool i bought one in error and it only gets used for taping internals now. however i have seen peep's use the same tool successfully. from what you are saying rocksolid the method you use sounds like a a goodun.

personally i hate using corner trowels prefer opp walls etc was trained that way i can use em just don't like to unless i have to

I think some peeps may be using the marshall town trowel which is 103 deg i think and this is a dry lining tool not a plastering tool i bought one in error and it only gets used for taping internals now. however i have seen peep's use the same tool successfully. from what you are saying rocksolid the method you use sounds like a a goodun.

I don't believe that to be the case. If they were using the 103 degree version, they would know because they wouldn't be able to get into the corner to begin with :)

Last edited:
I don't believe that to be the case. If they were using the 103 degree version, they would know because they wouldn't be able to get into the corner to begin with :)

Honestly u would not believe how many i have seen using them and thinking they are doing a grand job :RpS_crying:

mines a 103 degree, i have bent in the wings a bit though, but theres absolutaly nothing wrong with my corners

99 percent of plasterers use the 103 deg twitcher

A twitcher has 3 sides and a angle trowel 2 and, to those of you using the 103 deg marshalltown successfully good for you cos i could'nt get away with it at all and i bow to your greatness :RpS_thumbup:

Sorry rocksolid but that just ain't true. There were two side internal trowels as well as twitchers going back many many years.
My old man had both in his tool bag, the twitcher he'd had made for him by a mate out of stainless (way before you could buy stainless) whereas the internal looked ancient and hardly got used.

Are you on about a box trowel there Andy ?

hardley the centres but basically yes.these newer corner trowels came from the states we only had twitcher types.it takes seconds whilst bedding scrim in to run a bead of mud up angles and run your butterfly down feathering the edge in .
having worked in the states for the best part of 20 years with some top spreads i now use this method and its full proof

of course i had the same stupid oppinnion as you before i had seen it done then i learnt not to be a primma donna, now adays im open to anything its never to late to learn.

lol u mad bro...

sounds like hard work your method, im always still learning, but i dont go backwards lol i use a shape angle marsheltown.....we just call them twitchers here.

it aint rocket science , scrim up, put gear on, flatten in tight to corners, 2nd coat, flatten in, then twitch....carry on as normal.

marshalltown-drywall-internal-corner-trowel-mt23d-2979-p.png

lol u mad bro...

sounds like hard work your method, im always still learning, but i dont go backwards lol i use a shape angle marsheltown.....we just call them twitchers here.

it aint rocket science , scrim up, put gear on, flatten in tight to corners, 2nd coat, flatten in, then twitch....carry on as normal.

marshalltown-drywall-internal-corner-trowel-mt23d-2979-p.png
sorry mate but it takes seconds to run yer corner whilst doing the scrim.
look it may work slightly better in the states as their finish set quicker and by running as ive said by the time you start yer walls you have a nice hard corner to work with

6 page thread on corner trowels.....................:RpS_laugh: proper geeks us lot................:rolleyes)

Can you expand a little further it sounds an excellent technique and truly unique, one does the ceiling then the top of a wall then one hops of ones scaffold to do the other part of the wall we call the bottom ......amazing well done just out of interest how would one tackle a 40m ceiling and 70m on the walls
lol no m8 celing then the tops of all 4 walls.catch the bottoms.then move into the next room. mabe do the celing 2 make it easyer 4 the next day.when you have lots of rooms to do.hotel size rooms m8

look it may work slightly better in the states as their finish set quicker and by running as ive said by the time you start yer walls you have a nice hard corner to work with

i dont get what you mean, run in corners with scrim?? i scrim first then skim, then push in corners after 2nd coat lay down. i use the twitcher to push in the plaster, not to push in the dry scrim tape!?

this sounds more like the way tape and jointers carry one.
what is the problem with putting the ceiling and walls on then twitching the lot out? why do you need hard angles?

i dont get what you mean, run in corners with scrim?? i scrim first then skim, then push in corners after 2nd coat lay down. i use the twitcher to push in the plaster, not to push in the dry scrim tape!?
dont tell me you are one of those chancers who doesnt put a coat over his scrim before skimming especially usefull at making a much easier and nicer finish.
i get why you are confused now

ok
the point being the butterfly we mainly use today is not meant to be used the same as a twitcher,its a different tool

Status
Not open for further replies.