No 2 - What Finish is this Please?

Members online

grahal

Hi Guys

In your opinion, what is the finish (not colour) in the photo and briefly how to achieve it please?

I'm not trying to match existing and I would be getting a renderer to do the job.

I'm a hands-on guy so I can interpret what you say into actual doing it.

No problem if conflicting views, it's good to get opinions from experts.

Many Thanks
grahal

Render 2.jpg

Hi Guys

In your opinion, what is the finish (not colour) in the photo and briefly how to achieve it please?

I'm not trying to match existing and I would be getting a renderer to do the job.

I'm a hands-on guy so I can interpret what you say into actual doing it.

No problem if conflicting views, it's good to get opinions from experts.

Many Thanks
grahal

View attachment 29027
colourplas

https://www.ribaproductselector.com/Product.aspx?ci=9563&pr=Mapei-SilancolorGraffiato

I used this product, when I was working in Malta. It’s a silicone resin, top coat Plaster that comes in a variety of colours, with a choice of different sized grain. To achieve all sorts of patterns.

It’s applied buy trowel, onto a newly rendered sponge finished painted wall. And rubbed up & down or side to side or circular motion to achieve a patterned finish.

Last edited:
Its Weber Alpine. But quite a few of the East Europeans make their own version.

Flat render, primed with Weber Primer and dry. Then apply tight as the aggregate and whilst wet go vertical with a plastic trowel. The aggregate rolls leaving the scratches. Easy job in the colder months.

Its Weber Alpine. But quite a few of the East Europeans make their own version.

Flat render, primed with Weber Primer and dry. Then apply tight as the aggregate and whilst wet go vertical with a plastic trowel. The aggregate rolls leaving the scratches. Easy job in the colder months.
That’s interesting, never knew Weber had a version of it!